True Street Cars Forums banner

Installing amp and subwoofers to factory mach 460

8K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  LIL GT 
#1 ·
guys i have an amp and 2 10" subs i want to install to the factory 460 and factory deck. How do i do it? I have the power wire and rcas but what else do i need i dont think the rcs plug into the back of the factory head unit i heard of something called a line out converter that splices to the back speakers some how? What do i need and how do i do it Thanks a ton. Oh how about the remote wire what does that hook to?

#4 ·
Get the converter it's not expensive at all, then you can run a switch to shut the amp on/off or can run it off a fuse in your fuse box so when the radio kicks on the amp will as well....... IMHO I would get a better deck dude well at least an aftermarket that way you can run the the RCA's it will sounds much better....

#7 ·
i did the inverter box on my old mustang with the factory deck 460 mack audio, its not worth the time and PITA to do, it also soounds like crap. just go buy a 125 dollar deck plus it will come with aux and ipod crap.

#13 ·
use the ignition wire on the back of the deck to turn on your amp. I do not recall if the Mach 460 is amplified, if so then you do not want to connect the line at the deck you will need to grab inputs on the speaker side of the factory amp. or at the rear speakers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.