Fuel Cut 03 Cobra PLEASE LOOK! NEED INPUT! - Page 2 - TrueStreetCars.com
Forgot?
Create Account >> Home Forums Pictures Vendors Garage Today's Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03/23/12, 01:37 PM   #16 (permalink)
Rustlin' Jimmies

Buy/Sell Feedback: 0
HP: 10000/3742576 [?]
Garage
Originally Posted by Termin8 View Post
Yea swapped the frps and nothing and swapped the fpdm as well gonna try and find another one just in case
Its worth a shot but stock for stock the fpdm is the same in any new edge Mustang, v6 gt or cobra. Ford dropped the ball with the single setup and learned from it and put duals in the gt500s and GT afterwards. The was a company that modded stock ones, can't remember the name right now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bought not built. Come at me bro.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stretch is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03/23/12, 02:05 PM   #17 (permalink)
Termin8 (OP)

HP: 0/375 [?]
Idk thinking electrical fire and insurance at this point
Termin8 is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 03/23/12, 02:21 PM   #18 (permalink)
Rustlin' Jimmies

Garage
Idk thinking electrical fire and insurance at this point
I feel your frustration man, go put a built motor in it with some baller heads and have it run worse than stock. You'll want to kick small animals.

Old 03/23/12, 10:02 PM   #19 (permalink)
Dan

Buy/Sell Feedback: 1
HP: 10000/1577645 [?]
Garage
Iv run out of shit to check lol we have data logged it 5 times it just stops making psi when I get in it idk this one has got me good
That is called laying over... if you are still using the secondary 02s then the car will run fine for a period of time however it will re adjust to counter the chip over time with the learning capabilities of the PCM So do you have the secondary 02s on or off? I have seen this cause issues many times by counter acting the set program

Cause with my luck it could be raining pussy and I would be the only one to get hit with a dick.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 03/23/12, 10:20 PM   #20 (permalink)
Termin8 (OP)

We double checked and they are off even tryed another fpdm with no luck think i might have it figured out but im gonna get back to it tomorrow dont wanna say what it is and jinx myself lol Really appreciate the ideas and help from everyone so far been awesome considering i just joined the site! The car has run for a LONGGG time on this set up with no issues so it has to be something thats failed not that the sytem is not able to run my set up the car itself is not pushed very hard as far as trying to make as much power as possible that comes from the nitrous which is a complete stand alone system in itself that only reads a few signals tps and spark but like i said i think i may have it figured but ill see tomorrow and be sure to post results will be the 8th time dropping the tank lol.
Old 03/23/12, 11:58 PM   #21 (permalink)
Dan

HP: 10000/1577645 [?]
Garage
We double checked and they are off even tryed another fpdm with no luck think i might have it figured out but im gonna get back to it tomorrow dont wanna say what it is and jinx myself lol Really appreciate the ideas and help from everyone so far been awesome considering i just joined the site! The car has run for a LONGGG time on this set up with no issues so it has to be something thats failed not that the sytem is not able to run my set up the car itself is not pushed very hard as far as trying to make as much power as possible that comes from the nitrous which is a complete stand alone system in itself that only reads a few signals tps and spark but like i said i think i may have it figured but ill see tomorrow and be sure to post results will be the 8th time dropping the tank lol.
its a cobra get use to it they will always have fuel starvation issues save you some time and energy and go with a return system before you end up popping the motor

Cause with my luck it could be raining pussy and I would be the only one to get hit with a dick.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 03/24/12, 09:28 PM   #22 (permalink)

HP: 950/37500 [?]
Garage
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
usualy you will find issues like this in the Tip in table. meaning that the FRPS sees low fuel 25psi when the TPS sees WOT and sends the signal to the PCM the PCM then has to react and send a signal to the FPDM that then converts the signal from the FRPSs to decide how much fuel pressure to add to change the current PSI makes the calculation then speeds up the fuel pumps the reach the desired PSI levels.. i dealt with this crap enough. If i were you i would change over to a return system hit me up in pms if you want me to tell you how. I was one of the first ones in the country that went to a return system.. I design my own system back in early 05 works quite well
Wow.. Suddenly, carburetors seem a lot less complicated.
87 Mustang GT
90 Mustang LX 5.0
96 Mustang Cobra
01 Mustang GT
86 Bronco XLT
93 Jaguar XJ6
05 Expedition EB
Anybody want to buy a Jag? Its messing up my pattern here.

LightningNThunder is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 03/25/12, 01:28 PM   #23 (permalink)
Termin8 (OP)

well the system in question although it does suck was adequate to run my current setup and yes i could put a return style and forget the whole situation but i wanna know whys its broke!
Old 03/25/12, 01:37 PM   #24 (permalink)

HP: 3872/179556 [?]
Sump the tank, get rid of that "returnless" crap....
HotSoup is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 03/25/12, 04:17 PM   #25 (permalink)
Termin8 (OP)

^ thanks
Old 03/29/12, 12:18 AM   #26 (permalink)
Rustlin' Jimmies

Garage
Anything? I'm still curious.

Old 05/02/16, 10:12 AM   #27 (permalink)

HP: 0/5000 [?]
Did you ever figure this out? I do the electrical fire, thing ;-)
bigwave is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 05/04/16, 10:10 AM   #28 (permalink)
FUCK FOURLOKO!!

HP: 10000/2235877 [?]
Garage
Xbox LIVE: 234th
Oh man Dan was one of the first in the country to go to a "return" style fuel system???

What a legend.

Toyota Supra - ProEFI
JEWPRA is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page

Quick Reply
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TrueStreetCars.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Username:
Password
Enter a password for your account. Passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Re-enter Password:
Email Address
Enter your email address.
Email Address:
Spam Account Filter
Enter only the capital letters from these words: LET it EaT aT tX2K12
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. | Questions | Contact Us | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy