Fuel Cut 03 Cobra PLEASE LOOK! NEED INPUT! - TrueStreetCars.com
Forgot?
Create Account >> Home Forums Pictures Vendors Garage Today's Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03/22/12, 10:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
Termin8 (OP)

Buy/Sell Feedback: 0
HP: 0/375 [?]
Fuel Cut 03 Cobra PLEASE LOOK! NEED INPUT!

Ok heres the issue i have an 03 cobra has a Stage 5 steg. ported it has 60lb inj. 2600 sct maf, has aviator pumps stock everything else pretaining to fuel system. Car is dropping fuel pressure at WOT at higher Rpm's around 5k or so like from 40psi to like 19psi! it will not cut if you run it up to the shift light slowly but WOT will do it every time i have changed ALTERNATOR,FRPS,SWITCHED out the FPDM, Removed the pprv from the fuel hat assembly as well as made sure both pumps were working and they are im out of ideas anyone and i do mean anyone have any ideas?? Checked the entire fuyel line for any pinches or werethere might be a restriction and theres nothing! If anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated if you posted them iv run out of ideas! thx in advance.
Termin8 is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03/23/12, 12:10 AM   #2 (permalink)
baby seal clubber

Buy/Sell Feedback: 4
HP: 10000/1944977 [?]
03 Cobra Hesitation and P0148 DTC - SVTPerformance

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Visuvious is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 03/23/12, 12:12 AM   #3 (permalink)
baby seal clubber

04 Cobra hesitation at WOT shift - MustangForums.com

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 03/23/12, 12:16 AM   #4 (permalink)
baby seal clubber

One of these rabbit trails may lead you in the right direction. Do you have a bap? Don't know if its the case with your injectors but I know steg. Sometimes just drills smaller injectors to be larger.

Old 03/23/12, 08:38 AM   #5 (permalink)
Termin8 (OP)

No BAP and the injectors are not drilled car has been fine for a long period of time this just started occuring and it occurs in all gears its just mainly noticeable in 2nd and up 1st is to fast pressure doesnt have time to fall off and its more like a the car hitting a wall than a hesitation idk im out of ideas
Old 03/23/12, 09:45 AM   #6 (permalink)
Rustlin' Jimmies

HP: 10000/3742576 [?]
Garage
Upgrade to dual fuel pump drivers. I'd be willing to bet it the stocker can't keep up with the power draw and is overheating.

Bought not built. Come at me bro.

Last edited by Stretch on 03/23/12 at 10:08 AM
Stretch is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 03/23/12, 10:05 AM   #7 (permalink)
Dan

Buy/Sell Feedback: 1
HP: 10000/1577645 [?]
Garage
Originally Posted by Termin8 View Post
Ok heres the issue i have an 03 cobra has a Stage 5 steg. ported it has 60lb inj. 2600 sct maf, has aviator pumps stock everything else pretaining to fuel system. Car is dropping fuel pressure at WOT at higher Rpm's around 5k or so like from 40psi to like 19psi! it will not cut if you run it up to the shift light slowly but WOT will do it every time i have changed ALTERNATOR,FRPS,SWITCHED out the FPDM, Removed the pprv from the fuel hat assembly as well as made sure both pumps were working and they are im out of ideas anyone and i do mean anyone have any ideas?? Checked the entire fuyel line for any pinches or werethere might be a restriction and theres nothing! If anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated if you posted them iv run out of ideas! thx in advance.
change to a return fuel system you will love it so much more and make more power

Cause with my luck it could be raining pussy and I would be the only one to get hit with a dick.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 03/23/12, 10:08 AM   #8 (permalink)
Rustlin' Jimmies

Garage
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
change to a return fuel system you will love it so much more and make more power
That was my second suggestion lol

Old 03/23/12, 10:12 AM   #9 (permalink)
Dan

Garage
usualy you will find issues like this in the Tip in table. meaning that the FRPS sees low fuel 25psi when the TPS sees WOT and sends the signal to the PCM the PCM then has to react and send a signal to the FPDM that then converts the signal from the FRPSs to decide how much fuel pressure to add to change the current PSI makes the calculation then speeds up the fuel pumps the reach the desired PSI levels.. i dealt with this crap enough. If i were you i would change over to a return system hit me up in pms if you want me to tell you how. I was one of the first ones in the country that went to a return system.. I design my own system back in early 05 works quite well

Cause with my luck it could be raining pussy and I would be the only one to get hit with a dick.
Old 03/23/12, 10:13 AM   #10 (permalink)
Dan

Garage
No BAP and the injectors are not drilled car has been fine for a long period of time this just started occuring and it occurs in all gears its just mainly noticeable in 2nd and up 1st is to fast pressure doesnt have time to fall off and its more like a the car hitting a wall than a hesitation idk im out of ideas
that is because the load is more pronounced with higher gears.

Have your tune checked. make sure your secondary 02s are shut off that way your PCM does not try to relearn old characteristics. as well

Old 03/23/12, 11:23 AM   #11 (permalink)
Termin8 (OP)

Cars run this setup for some time no issues fpdm never gets hot. Plus you can run it up to a shift light fairly quick and doesn't do it
Old 03/23/12, 11:25 AM   #12 (permalink)
Termin8 (OP)

Rear 02's off just dropped tank again and tested each pump both made 95+ psi with direct 12v
Old 03/23/12, 11:27 AM   #13 (permalink)
Termin8 (OP)

Iv run out of shit to check lol we have data logged it 5 times it just stops making psi when I get in it idk this one has got me good
Old 03/23/12, 11:49 AM   #14 (permalink)
Rustlin' Jimmies

Garage
Iv run out of shit to check lol we have data logged it 5 times it just stops making psi when I get in it idk this one has got me good
Did you check the pressure sensor on the rail? Usually it won't even run when they go out but weird shit happens.

I still think the driver is getting overloaded. A stock driver has a hard time keeping up with stock pumps turned up. If you've got a buddy with an upgraded one I'd swap it in and see what happens.

Old 03/23/12, 12:38 PM   #15 (permalink)
Termin8 (OP)

Yea swapped the frps and nothing and swapped the fpdm as well gonna try and find another one just in case

Quick Reply
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TrueStreetCars.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Username:
Password
Enter a password for your account. Passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Re-enter Password:
Email Address
Enter your email address.
Email Address:
Spam Account Filter
Enter only the capital letters from these words: LET it EaT aT tX2K12
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. | Questions | Contact Us | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy