Foxbody inertia switch ?! - TrueStreetCars.com
Forgot?
Create Account >> Home Forums Pictures Vendors Garage Today's Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12/08/15, 05:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
SLOW_86 (OP)

Buy/Sell Feedback: 0
HP: 541/21654 [?]
Garage
Foxbody inertia switch ?!

What trips the inertia switch and makes it turn the fuel pump off on the foxbody's?!
-2005 Chevy Malibu maxx daily
SLOW_86 is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12/08/15, 06:20 AM   #2 (permalink)
M0DM0T0R

Buy/Sell Feedback: 1
HP: 10000/897627 [?]
Garage
The purpose of the inertia switch is to turn off the FP in a collision, which lowers the chance of a fire due to fuel leaks. Usually a hard impact or vibration will trip them.
06 Lexus IS350- Daily
90 Talon TSI 460 AWHP uncorrected-SOLD
Dark Star is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 12/08/15, 07:00 AM   #3 (permalink)
SLOW_86 (OP)

HP: 541/21654 [?]
Garage
hmm my fuel pump wasn't coming on this morning when I was going to head out for work.. there is a few crazy bumps in my moms neighborhood where I parked it last night. I figured it may be the inertia switch it seemed to be working really good yesterday. ill have to check it this afternoon and flip the switch and see if that fixes the issue. I don't think itd be a factor but I parked my car outside but I don't think the cold would affect that..
-2005 Chevy Malibu maxx daily
SLOW_86 is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page

Old 12/09/15, 02:21 PM   #4 (permalink)

Buy/Sell Feedback: 1
HP: 6620/303419 [?]
Originally Posted by SLOW_86 View Post
hmm my fuel pump wasn't coming on this morning when I was going to head out for work.. there is a few crazy bumps in my moms neighborhood where I parked it last night. I figured it may be the inertia switch it seemed to be working really good yesterday. ill have to check it this afternoon and flip the switch and see if that fixes the issue. I don't think itd be a factor but I parked my car outside but I don't think the cold would affect that..

I forgot to mention that.......sorry bud......I didn't think you were going to go off-roading with a Mustang.

Yea just a button to depress.
ICBM is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 12/11/15, 09:43 AM   #5 (permalink)

HP: 0/-2146 [?]
you off road your mustang ?? nice I off road my Honda a lot too
superfasthonda is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page

Quick Reply
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TrueStreetCars.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Username:
Password
Enter a password for your account. Passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Re-enter Password:
Email Address
Enter your email address.
Email Address:
Spam Account Filter
Enter only the capital letters from these words: LET it EaT aT tX2K12
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. | Questions | Contact Us | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy