True Street Cars Forums banner

Dsm'ers?

57K views 382 replies 41 participants last post by  Bet 
#1 ·
How many DSM guys or gals do we have on this site?

#10 ·
I had a few of them in the past...but found that they are more expensive to own than a Ferrari and more unreliable than a Yugo...so I got a slow ass SUV instead!!! There are a few DSM'ers around, but most are getting out of them and into things with 4 more cylinders and a little bigger snail on them,lol.

#11 ·
I put good parts on mine and realize that they are 20 years old and need newer parts. People make me laugh when they bitch and cry when they make double the hp and then it breaks. I'm good with my 2.0 and a 60mm, puts alot of "More then 4 cly guys" in their place.

Reactions: 4g63racer
#13 · (Edited)
But either way you will still be a troll. Also it would'nt be a boosted 2.0 with a 60mm. It would be a 2.0 and would be boosted by a 60mm. Good try though.

#18 · (Edited)
Nice red halos. Lol and I get called rice? I bet all this 4 cyl anger means you got raped many times by smaller engines. About the Hp thing, its okay I know its how limp wristed guys take their internet rage out on people.

#24 ·
Not a whole lot of DSM's around, honestly. This community being based in Albuquerque, which is a small town. In Albuquerque, one guy says something is bad, and it's shunned by the next 8 generations of nut-riders and jock-a-lots. There are a couple really nice ones hiding in garages under moth-balls, and maybe 4-5 that run good and/or are in the process of being built.

Frankly, I don't get it, the early 4g63 is about as simple as dirt, iron block/aluminum head DOHC 16v with a MAF, CAS, TPS, KS, and O2. Good for over 600whp on stock internals.

If you can't build a reliable 4g63 you're a ****ing idiot.

Reactions: dsmgonzo
#29 ·
its not the building part thats the problem, its the taking care of it after its built problem and being willing to do it right the first time and not hack it up....I loved my DSM, but didnt have the time or the $$ to maintain it like it should...Launching an AWD car as hard as it can take it is an amazing feeling.

#27 · (Edited)
I've got an Eclipse...

It holds it own.

Maintaining it is the biggest problem. The car is almost 15 years old so I have sensors failing and what not but other then that it runs great and I beat the shit out of it all the time.

#32 ·
I have one nice one and 2 parts cars of course lol. Im up here in Iowa though. I still haven't gotten around to introducing myself yet but I met jon von and a few other people at tx2k11.

Heres mine

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8tyMfUu5ho]YouTube - 1g dsm dyno pull[/ame]

#34 ·
Thanks, it made 555 at 28 psi on 110. I had a COP setup on it and was missfiring so had to keep the boost at 26, and the 1 and only pass went 7.5@102 in the 1/8th and had a 3-2 miss shift and bent valves. This year Im switching back to stock coils and switchin to e85 so well see how it does in a couple weeks

#38 ·
I miss my dsm. I drove it to Alb which was 5 hours one way, then turned right around and drove back home with no problems. The one time it was broke was due to my stupidity. There is a video that was just posted with a auto laser running an hx40 against a gto with cam gears and 150 shot. Good race

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.