Buying A Vehicle With A Rebuilt Title From Out of State...? - TrueStreetCars.com
Forgot?
Create Account >> Home Forums Pictures Vendors Garage Today's Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12/05/15, 04:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
dmsyr (OP)
snizzy snazz bullets

Buy/Sell Feedback: 0
HP: 1749/80112 [?]
Buying A Vehicle With A Rebuilt Title From Out of State...?

How difficult is the general process to get it insured? Can it be insured for full coverage?

Reason I ask is... I was scouring CL like I do on a daily basis and saw an ad for a vehicle I've been interested in with just over 2000 miles for roughly 50-60% cheaper than msrp. The ad says it has a rebuilt title, but is basically brand new (model year 2015).

Additionally, the car is located in a neighboring state and I've never bought a vehicle across state lines before. Do I just sign a BoS and/or the title and simply drive it back? Does it need to be towed? Any information would be appreciated.
2006 Corolla XRS 2zzge, Injen, Redliner9k PPE header, custom 2.5 exhaust, D2 Coilovers, TWM SS, 3000k lows, 3000k fogs, Altis grille, Altis 2nd gen tails, Altis visors, Ultra Racing 4pt. strut bar, bronze 5zigen fn01r-c
2003 Matrix XRS ecu

Spending money we don't have, to buy things we don't need, to impress people we don't know.
dmsyr is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12/05/15, 05:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
2nd Gear

HP: 0/245806 [?]
From my experience getting full coverage on a rebuilt or salvaged title is super expensive. Like not worth it expensive. Liability is your cheapest bet.
stock06sti is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 12/05/15, 06:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
StreetRacingSouth

Buy/Sell Feedback: 1
HP: 10000/1076116 [?]
Garage
Youll be fine

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PRDATOR is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page

Old 12/05/15, 09:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
mph

Buy/Sell Feedback: 1
HP: 3228/148676 [?]
Garage
Only issue I've heard with a rebuilt or salvage title is if you are going to finance it. Banks will only lend 50% on a salvage vehicle. Other than that, you shouldn't have any problems. Out of state will prob need a vin inspection when you go to transfer the title, but not a big deal.
mph is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 12/09/15, 05:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
dmsyr (OP)
snizzy snazz bullets

HP: 1749/80112 [?]
Thanks for the replies. Someone snagged it already -__- oh well, something else will come along.
2006 Corolla XRS 2zzge, Injen, Redliner9k PPE header, custom 2.5 exhaust, D2 Coilovers, TWM SS, 3000k lows, 3000k fogs, Altis grille, Altis 2nd gen tails, Altis visors, Ultra Racing 4pt. strut bar, bronze 5zigen fn01r-c
2003 Matrix XRS ecu

Spending money we don't have, to buy things we don't need, to impress people we don't know.
dmsyr is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page

Quick Reply
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TrueStreetCars.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Username:
Password
Enter a password for your account. Passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Re-enter Password:
Email Address
Enter your email address.
Email Address:
Spam Account Filter
Enter only the capital letters from these words: LET it EaT aT tX2K12
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. | Questions | Contact Us | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy