Supermoto vs. enduro? - TrueStreetCars.com
Forgot?
Create Account >> Home Forums Pictures Vendors Garage Today's Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07/31/08, 01:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
AKA hondaman

Buy/Sell Feedback: 0
HP: 2898/124464 [?]
Supermoto vs. enduro?

So whats the diff between a supermoto thingy like keith has and a endero bike? just wondering I was thinking about buying one buy not too sure what to get. I just want one to save on gas.
5.0 clunker is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07/31/08, 02:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

HP: 10000/1323089 [?]
Garage
Enduro's are sort of designed more for dirt and street where a supermoto is more for street, though they do race on some hard pack dirt, the tires are typically road tires and you better like sliding! Enduro's have at least some traction on the dirt! For commuting I wouldn't buy a converted dirt>SM bike (like mine), they just aren't designed to cruise around, it's really meant to be ridden hard like a stripper. Check out the Suzuki DRZ400SM, if I were to buy a SM bike to commute that's what I would get. 01smokes has one and he rides the piss out of it! Unlike mine it's got electric start, a battery, all the shit that makes it nice on the street. Plus it's street legal from the factory! I rode it and it's fun as hell. Mine is more like a race bike, fun but scary and tiring as hell. Check out supermotojunkie.com for info on all kinds of SM shit. Supermoto bikes really should be illegal on the street...nothing better than dropping a sportbike in the twisties! They're thinking, "How the fuck did a dirt bike just beat my ass??!"
SLOBRA is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 07/31/08, 02:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
AKA hondaman

I know someone thats selling a honda dirt bike for a pretty good price, I can buy all the shit to make it street legal?
5.0 clunker is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 07/31/08, 03:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
You can buy parts for the swap, but it'll end up being $2000-$3000 depending on what you buy, the quality of the parts, etc. You need a heavier flywheel, rewound stator to run the lights, the light kit, brakes, wheels, etc. Then there's the issue of registering it. Mine was easy cause it was already plated in AZ. I don't know what kind of dirt bike your friend has but they make SM parts for all the common ones. What kind of price you lookin' at? Yamaha makes a really cool bike, the WR250X, wicked commuter SM, though arguably a little underpowered, it'll still wheelie all day! The DRZ has so many aftermarket parts to make it faster it's crazy, plus the motor is proven absolutely bulletproof. Art's buddy was sellin' his '08 (I think) DRZ for $5000. It had like 700 miles or something like that. Sick bike! There are so many cool SM bikes out there I wish I could afford them all...hahaha.
Old 07/31/08, 03:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
01smokes

Originally Posted by SLOBRA View Post
You can buy parts for the swap, but it'll end up being $2000-$3000 depending on what you buy, the quality of the parts, etc. You need a heavier flywheel, rewound stator to run the lights, the light kit, brakes, wheels, etc. Then there's the issue of registering it. Mine was easy cause it was already plated in AZ. I don't know what kind of dirt bike your friend has but they make SM parts for all the common ones. What kind of price you lookin' at? Yamaha makes a really cool bike, the WR250X, wicked commuter SM, though arguably a little underpowered, it'll still wheelie all day! The DRZ has so many aftermarket parts to make it faster it's crazy, plus the motor is proven absolutely bulletproof. Art's buddy was sellin' his '08 (I think) DRZ for $5000. It had like 700 miles or something like that. Sick bike! There are so many cool SM bikes out there I wish I could afford them all...hahaha.
ya the 450sm is a race bike thats street legal thats all there is about it it will flat out haul the mail.
But the drz on the other hand is a better all around bike i beat the shit out of mine and it still runs like it did on day 1 i have over 5 thousand miles on it and ive done some 300 mile days on it, i want to see if i can have over 10k on it by the end of this year.
And ya my friend is selling his his just turned over 1k miles yesterday his bike is mint its so clean, he only wants like $4400 for it now he just never rides it ill post some pics up later on tonight
  Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 07/31/08, 03:31 PM   #6 (permalink)
AKA hondaman

Thanks for the input ama just have to lokat what a really want
Old 07/31/08, 04:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Originally Posted by 01smokes View Post
ya the 450sm is a race bike thats street legal thats all there is about it it will flat out haul the mail.
But the drz on the other hand is a better all around bike i beat the shit out of mine and it still runs like it did on day 1 i have over 5 thousand miles on it and ive done some 300 mile days on it, i want to see if i can have over 10k on it by the end of this year.
And ya my friend is selling his his just turned over 1k miles yesterday his bike is mint its so clean, he only wants like $4400 for it now he just never rides it ill post some pics up later on tonight
Damn...I'd trade mine for his!!! I love those DRZs...
Old 07/31/08, 09:15 PM   #8 (permalink)
01smokes

Originally Posted by SLOBRA View Post
Damn...I'd trade mine for his!!! I love those DRZs...
he might be intrested ill let him know. He has done alot of work to his sence last time you saw it he just orderd a buell style headlight, we cut the pipe down to size did the 3x3 mid to it jetted it put some led's on it for the brake light and blinkers.
  Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 07/31/08, 09:34 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

HP: 5186/236651 [?]
I might be interested in that DRZ!
Old 07/31/08, 10:24 PM   #10 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Originally Posted by 01smokes View Post
he might be intrested ill let him know. He has done alot of work to his sence last time you saw it he just orderd a buell style headlight, we cut the pipe down to size did the 3x3 mid to it jetted it put some led's on it for the brake light and blinkers.
I want sooooo many bikes...and cars....but those DRZs...what a blast. I think I'm seriously going to look for one to trade. Or sell mine and buy one...whatever. They're just so streetable..

Quick Reply
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TrueStreetCars.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Username:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Enter a password for your account. Passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Re-enter Password:
Email Address
Enter your email address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

2012 TrueStreetCars.com | Questions | Contact Us | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy