small air box mod
16/42 sprocket
lowered to the middle hole
strapped
stock tire
clutch mod w/ 3 springs

This is the best run and was made in 95 degree heat

Here she is...

After that I was hooked!!! So I bought some parts....
Trac Arm 60-64'
non-oringed chain
skinko hook up
world wide ceramic bearings
galfer wave rotors
galfer brake lines and pads
schnitz cush drive dampers
cheap trick ram air seals
removed the air filter
buell lowering pegs
RSM clutch
Air shifter
penske shock
nitrous without controller
had the bike tuned at Rearick Racing 171whp/100wtq on motor

MOTOR

First time out on the dope!!! .36 pill fogging the box. Started spraying the middle of 2nd gear. Anything lower would just wheelie

Quickest ET

Best MPH

After that I rode a buddies Rearick Racing 68" gen1 cam packaged gen 1 on spray. 8.70@157

So I did a Rearick Racing 1397cc with a stock unported head and his cam package. Along with a longer arm,cut forks,sidewinder,fuel system and 2' flat pan.

I have been down the 1320 5 times in the same night with a 17mph headwind.

Best pass on motor is a 8.90@150.........the bike did go 5.67@123 which suggests a 8.84 1/4. At another 1/8 mile track it went 5.62@124 on motor which suggests a 8.76

Yes I have nitrous and yes I intend to use it. Just playing with some motor stuff right now.

See less See more
#6 ·
thank you
Welcome Teezy. Didn't know you posted up here on TSC. You forgot to mention that lockup you appear to be using.
Yeah was building the LSX TT coupe till I bought the bike. Street racing scene fell off the map here so it was back to the 1320. And the bike was the way to go for me......alot nicer running fast times without all the headaches of broken parts.

I mentioned it up there. RSM clutch... I have the hand slider RSM clutch

thank you sir

NICE! Sounds like you definitely got the bug.
Yes sir!! Looking forward to getting on the dope. Then porting the head,some rods and maybe cut rail,grudge setup!! Would like to get in the 7's later

#5 ·
NICE! Sounds like you definitely got the bug.

#7 ·
Nice Busa bro!

#10 ·
Thank you!! I promise the front fender will go back on

Doh! I didnt see that as I was looking with my phone. I sold that HMF exhaust and decided to stay on course with the turbo project.
Good deal!!

Im glad I went the route the went. My tuner has 2 PST turbo busas. I have been around then now and seen that the turbo setup is something that you consistently mess with...... where the motor/nitrous its pretty much throw gas in a go racing. Granted these bikes make north of 550whp but I knew after running the 8 on my buddies bike that my goals would be 7's.

Texas weather is very up and down as far can keeping the tune dialed in but the local tracks cant handle the power the bigger turbo bikes make which makes it pretty pointless to build one anyway. Houston is around 4 hours from here. On a nitrous busa I can run 7's at the local track. The cool thing is to run them consistent.

Its pretty crazy that my tuner/builder and good friend has 2 low 7 second turbo busas but takes his motor/nitrous too the track all the time. In his words " its just nice to not have to **** with things. Just jump on it and make passes"

It was kinda like the clutch deal. I heard alot of crap when I bought it because everyone wants to hand clutch the bike. Well Im not 140lb guy. Running a hand clutch is a blasted but the heavy guys really put a hurting on fibers/metals. With the RSM clutch I have made well over 100 passes and they look brand new. And the bike is on the money every pass. I wont lie its pretty awesome to leave around 1800rpm and go WOT. 1.35-1.37 60ft every pass. Especially if you want to bracket race or grudge

Gotcha build that bad boy for you!!

welcome nice bike!
thank you sir

#15 ·
thank you

Nice bike man
I will extend my bike at some point but I want 8s at stock wheelbase first.

That would have been cool. If the local tracks were better as far as prep goes that might have been possible. But they are not. I have a NLR nitrous controller new in the box ready to go on.

Whats your best ET/MPH so far?

#17 ·
Nasty!!!!

My new 1/4 mile PB.

I had to let the air in the rear tire down to 8psi. The DA was 1518 and 94%humidity. Going to Vegas for a week. When I get back Im pulling the bottle back on.

I went to add some clutch and apparently during that time they drag the track and reVHT it. The bike stood straight and when i came down it broke the tailight off the bike. You can't run without a tailight light so I was done.

#20 ·
thats a sick bike!

#30 ·
They are actuelly really tame and great bikes to ride really easy. No peaky power just power everywhere.

#28 ·
Nice Busa man!

#46 ·
Thank you sir

Finally got to make some passes after the cut rail. It was different to say the least. Had to make some adjustments everywhere.

Anyway first pass it spun real bad then the front tire was shaking (too much air pressure upfront) so i lifted..........anyway
1.98 60ft
6.78@121
10.05@144

Second pass I left good but hit the rev limiter from 1st to 2nd.
1.37 60ft
6.11@119
9.40@149

It was bracket racing rounds next (I won)
1.33 60ft
5.82@104
10.00@98 it was another bike.... The guy made a lot of mistakes. I passed him pretty quick then just cruised the rest of the way out

2nd round I put myself out. Dialed in a 8.81..... Caught the guy and lifted... Didn't lift soon enough
1.33 60ft
5.56@125
8.79@146..... Lifted around 1000ft

New PB
1.30 60ft
5.54@125 1/8 mile
8.75@149 1/4 mile {i goofed and shifted to 6th} a lot of adrenaline is pumping... Need more seat time
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQVveEvmMJo&feature=plcp"]My Rearick Racing NOW cutrail busa - YouTube[/ame]

My friend and local pro rider made a pass on it
1.24 60ft
5.39@127
8.55@154 {was really humid. track was slick causing the tire to spin on the big end so he lifted} the DA was 1754.. 70 degrees with 93 percent humidity. On the upside I lost 3lbs from all the sweating
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tv4S5xcMHOs&NR=1&feature=endscreen"]The kid on my cutrail - YouTube[/ame]

If people dont think weight plays a big role on a bike well......there is the proof....208 suited vs 155 suited...no changes made to the bike. between runs

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.