True Street Cars Forums banner

twin turbo rear mount 14 for tx2k13

27K views 132 replies 40 participants last post by  Turbo306 
#1 ·
#43 ·
Compounding the exhaust?

#44 ·
Lol I'm guessing he was trying to say he wanted to use a compound turbo setup. But he already failed because a compound setup is supposed to use one small turbo to spool a larger turbo. Not two of the same size turbo lol.

Compound Turbo Charging (One turbo compressor wheel feeding the other) Compound turbocharging is not the same as twin turbo charging. A compound turbo utilizes different sized turbos feeding off one another to do the job of one turbo.

Here is a decent explanation of it. :
http://www.atsdiesel.com/ats2/templates/template_06.asp?p=2029422272&c=36

#47 ·
Well as the turbo spins it compounds the exhaust being restricted by two turbos to large to spool thus creating positive pressure in the exhaust system. Duhhh... compounding exhaust.

#50 ·
Except for the questionable quality turbos, I will have a quiet chuckle at this thread when this thing lays down the power.

#53 ·
Going fast is not all about power. You know that Omar. Sure it will make power but Rix will shit all over that TT bike on his STOCK all motor zx14r

#57 ·
I'm just curious to see what the new stroker motors can handle before they fly apart.
I also wonder what the injectors can dish out because nobody knows or will say what cc they are.

#61 ·
It's going to take a lot of work to the internals to lay it down if he plans on making much power. Atleast rods, pistons, studs and springs to keep it together very long unless he is running low boost all the time.

#74 ·
Haha.. Im really curious what your idea actually is?

Milf, Johnny is TTGT on here.. He started out designing/building kits with HP Performance in Roswell, then helped start and designed THP's kits in ABQ, and has also built some custom kits like in my car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.