True Street Cars Forums banner

bike guys: Is a '94 CBR900RR worth anything?

10K views 28 replies 16 participants last post by  nmgoodthing 
#1 ·
Someone wants to trade me a '94 Honda CBR900RR for one of my cars. I've seen what "blue book" value is on one, but I'd like to hear from people with real world experience with motorcycle values, because I know nothing about motorcycles and will only trade the guy if there is a good chance that I can sell the bike rather quickly.

As stated, the motorcycle in question is a '94 CBR900RR. It has 64,000 miles and is missing the front lower fairings, but the rest of it looks pretty good in the photos and has new tires, brakes, wheel bearings, battery and seat upholstery.

I would love to add photos to this post, but photobucket and my phone are not getting along right now. If anyone wants to host them for me I'll send them by text.

Thanks in advance for any opinions.

#7 ·
ouch a 94 cbr .... those are tanks but if its in good condition probably 1500 ..

I buy and sell bikes all the time I pick them up in that year range . if it has a good motor you can sell it quick to a first timer come spring people are looking for cheap sport bikes

#8 ·
Shit NO! Dont do it unless you intend to ride it. Nobody wants a bike that old. Stay within the 10 year range if you want it to have any value.

#10 ·
With 64k miles the motor would most likely need rebuilt some time soon I personally wouldn't pay more than 1k for it

#12 ·
Why is that high miles? How many Honda cars have you seen with 200k+ miles? This motor was built better than any Honda civic from the factory. It's just a inline 4 no reason why it wouldn't hit over 100k. It's dumb asses that total bikes out before they can ever put miles on them

#16 ·
I've always been told by many resources including the dealer that bikes basically blow up after 20k miles or become very unreliable. I never understood that so thanks art for the enlightenment, its very true many people wreck before 10k miles and personally I've never owned a bike long enough to hit 10k but in the summer I usually put 4k miles on my bikes . I love riding stunting nothing like a motorcycle.

#18 ·
Lol you would! You don't give no ****s lol . If I were to have known this I could have got way better deals on bikes I just though after 20,001 miles there was a time bomb and it would blow up haha jk .

#19 ·
The life of a motorcycle engine and car engine are not compatible cars spend most of there life around 2000-3500rpm or less sport bikes spend theirs around 5000-6500 depending on gearing I have had many bikes over the years and after the 30k mark they start to burn oil loose compression and so on. There may be a few bikes out their that do not burn oil after said miles but depends on how hard the miles were

#20 ·
With that logic my car should have been blown up by now about 70k miles ago or would have started smoking or needed a rebuild. Hell the zx14 with stock gearing turns lower RPM than my car does at 80 and has 4500 more RPM to work with.

#27 ·
i someone thinks they are going to buy a bike with high mileage and sell it in order to make money that is not going to happen however If you end up with one 65k miles does not mean shit. As long as it has been taken care of. You dont see the issues on bike like you do on cars because most dumb shits wreck the bike long before that time

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.