Official Pit Bike/Mini Thread! - TrueStreetCars.com
Forgot?
Create Account >> Home Forums Pictures Vendors Garage Today's Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06/18/13, 02:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
92stroker (OP)

Buy/Sell Feedback: 0
HP: 7252/340142 [?]
Garage
Official Pit Bike/Mini Thread!

So I know some of you guys have some pit bikes, maybe for your kids, maybe for you... I have a buddy with some pretty sweet ones, and I just recently got my first one. It's a bone stock '04 CRF50, low hours, and a really great deal.

I'm currently teaching my nephew how to ride it, he is 11, and I've been riding around the asecia's with my 6 year old daughter. This weekend, I'll be installing some adult springs and a BBR riser/bar setup. I'll eventually teach my little girl to ride it as well, but for now she's pretty content riding along with me, and my nephew is already on the big side for it, plus I figure when they get serious enough for the suspension to matter they'll be on 80's or 125's, so.... dad gets a new toy!

Plans for it are pretty minimal. I'll most likely keep stock displacement, but 15:1 CR, cam, race head, bigger carb, pipe, and CDI. After all that, we'll see if I want to gear it a little taller, or maybe get some extra cogs to play with for trail and stunting combos. I also may convert it to a manual clutch (currently and auto clutch 3 speed) and maybe a 4 speed trans down the road. I would also like to maybe go to a 12" front wheel.

Anyways, I could show you a pic, but it's just a stock CRF50, so... meh.

But I would love to hear about your sweet ass 50/mini setups, tips, suggestions... and of course, see some pics!

Let's make this an official mini/pit-bike thread!!!
Advertisement

Old 06/18/13, 02:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Panda the Destroyer

Buy/Sell Feedback: 1
HP: 10000/806494 [?]
Xbox LIVE: 164th
I've been wanting to buy another pit bike actually! Had so much fun with that bitch
SOLIDTECH TUNED
2004 Cadillac CTS-V SOLD
2001 Buick Lesabre aka The Pussy Puller

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

NoVa is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 06/18/13, 02:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
SH!T JUST GOT REAL

HP: 10000/1005394 [?]
Garage
Got this yesterday for free. Runs strong like a champ. Its an x7 model from super mini bikes. Has a race intake and exhaust. The aftermarket for this model is enormous. Even turbo kits lol. Just gotta get a battery but I just jump it then after its warm it will pull start. Looking for another one if anyone has one. Name:  ImageUploadedByAG Free1371591899.718766.jpg
Views: 1767
Size:  130.7 KB

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1997 s10 ss- dropped on drag lights
Redneck Cadillac- yota buggy, linked, propane etc
NMOffroad.com - Carolinaboy
B18EG is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page

Old 06/18/13, 02:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
We talkin' or we racin'?

Buy/Sell Feedback: 3
HP: 10000/1221795 [?]
Garage
i miss my pit bike... had a klx 110 ive been racing motocross for 7 years now, heres me an my nephew, i was riding with him trying to push him to get better! mine was just stock idk to much of different setups pit bike wise.. ive never modded one. but my first opinion would be to do suspension work first

"SYCHO" Tuned
11.9 @115 (Old Setup)
New Setup-???
I hope i make that good of numbers on 9 lbs
Spinning aint winning not anybody's fault but yours your set up sucks ..
firehawk (Torque) is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 06/18/13, 03:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
SH!T JUST GOT REAL

Garage
I started on a z50r when I was 4. My dads fiancÚ owned a Kawasaki shop with her dad so any trade ins for brought home for me to beat at the local track and dirt roads. My last dirt bike was a crf450x when they first started electric start on them which worked terrible it they were cold. Couple rough crashes on the track and I gave up dirt bikes started racing quads. Had an old quad runner 250 and then a trx450r which I loved and want another

Old 06/18/13, 03:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
Obamanos

HP: 10000/567992 [?]
Xbox LIVE: 80th
I have a brand new in box 88 kit for the crf50 cam, carb head, jug, piston and all gaskets. If anyone wants it let me know. I might even sell my crf50 too. It's got a pipe, big bar kit, hand brake, big pegs, stiff spring in the rear, rear pegs and street tires on it

The Engine That Accelerates A Given Load Fastest From Point A To Point B Wins....Regardless Of Horsepower

2006 scion xB 5speed 94hp corrected...
06smokes is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 06/18/13, 03:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
SH!T JUST GOT REAL

Garage
How much art

Old 06/18/13, 03:19 PM   #8 (permalink)
Obamanos

Originally Posted by B18EG View Post
How much art

For the kit I'll take 150 for it. I'll send you a pic of it now.

The Engine That Accelerates A Given Load Fastest From Point A To Point B Wins....Regardless Of Horsepower

Old 06/18/13, 03:20 PM   #9 (permalink)
La Receptionista

HP: 4446/197580 [?]
Originally Posted by 06smokes View Post
For the kit I'll take 150 for it. I'll send you a pic of it now.
Let chz back dildo.

El Prezidente is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 06/18/13, 03:25 PM   #10 (permalink)
SH!T JUST GOT REAL

Garage
I want the bike fucker lol mine mini bike is two stroke

Old 06/18/13, 03:35 PM   #11 (permalink)
Obamanos

I want the bike fucker lol mine mini bike is two stroke

Oh 450 for the bike lol

Old 06/18/13, 03:37 PM   #12 (permalink)
92stroker (OP)

Garage
Originally Posted by NoVa View Post
I've been wanting to buy another pit bike actually! Had so much fun with that bitch
RETARDED amounts of fun! Shit is addicting. I can see myself wasting a lot of money on this hobby, lol! After riding my friends 110 with a 12" front wheel, front disc, 4 speed manual, and all the other big boy shit, then going to the stock CRF50.... money will be spent, lol!

Got this yesterday for free. Runs strong like a champ. Its an x7 model from super mini bikes. Has a race intake and exhaust. The aftermarket for this model is enormous. Even turbo kits lol. Just gotta get a battery but I just jump it then after its warm it will pull start. Looking for another one if anyone has one.
That thing is bad, drag some knee on that bish!

Originally Posted by firehawk (Torque) View Post
i miss my pit bike... had a klx 110 ive been racing motocross for 7 years now, heres me an my nephew, i was riding with him trying to push him to get better! mine was just stock idk to much of different setups pit bike wise.. ive never modded one. but my first opinion would be to do suspension work first
That's exactly where I'm at... well, my nephew still has a lot of learning to do, and the whole experience has me looking at actual adult size dirt bikes as well, lol!

Originally Posted by 06smokes View Post
I have a brand new in box 88 kit for the crf50 cam, carb head, jug, piston and all gaskets. If anyone wants it let me know. I might even sell my crf50 too. It's got a pipe, big bar kit, hand brake, big pegs, stiff spring in the rear, rear pegs and street tires on it
Dayum, that shit is tempting. If it doesn't disappear I may hit you up in a couple months.
Old 06/18/13, 05:22 PM   #13 (permalink)

HP: 7633/365445 [?]
Garage
Sorry about you missing your bike Davey, we are having fun with it! We have 2 110s now. It is a blast to run around on the pit bikes and we have a little course around the yard and tear it up pretty often. We may open up an area at our motocross track just for pit bikes(sandiamx.com), we will keep you all posted on this thread.
Old 06/18/13, 07:18 PM   #14 (permalink)
Street Custom

HP: 10000/981393 [?]
Garage

505-797-1979
Street Custom Tint and Body Shop
facebook.com/streetcustombs
Kntmare is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 06/19/13, 11:01 AM   #15 (permalink)
92stroker (OP)

Garage
^^That is awesome and hilarious, lol!

...so on that note, as I mentioned, mine is the 3 speed auto clutch. I was thinking that it would be cool to convert it to manual clutch, and maybe 4 speed down the road. But I doubt it will ever be raced, and since it's already auto... Maybe it would be more fun to put a rear hand brake on it instead of the manual clutch.... hmmm...

Quick Reply
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TrueStreetCars.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Username:
Password
Enter a password for your account. Passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Re-enter Password:
Email Address
Enter your email address.
Email Address:
Spam Account Filter
Enter only the capital letters from these words: LET it EaT aT tX2K12
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. | Questions | Contact Us | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy