True Street Cars Forums banner

Unofficial bike list: 1/4 mile

16K views 56 replies 22 participants last post by  askaricars 
#1 ·
Bikes that run 9's or better in the qtr:

1. solid tech (Sean) turbo Busa 8.99 (full drag prep, slider clutch etc, and alot of hp enough said)
1a. Glen on a nos fed old school bike (definition of dragbike not streetable)
2. 06 smokes turbo zx14 9.?? (budget build, slam it, stretch it, add a sprinkle of homemade turbo no lock up clutch)
3. mralbuquerque zx12 retired blown up (all motor, 5th pass on new motor) saw no reason to due better as at the time no one was running faster- retired) 9.87@145.6 mph. ( expensive motor build with just about all the best components in the bike, hand clutch, foot shifted, semi slammed, and it would run 9's all the time, mainly a streetbike (probably the most expensive build of this bunch)
4. Andy 04 zx10 (drag prepped, budget build slammed, stretched, stripped of anything not necessary, probably the lightest bike here minus my 07 gsxr, light) 9.94 (simply a well set up bike as its getting the job done with a competent rider and light weight bike)
5. Gsxtacy 05 gsxr1000 9.95@ 140 ish mph( ultra light 94 lb suited rider) once upon a time but his time still stands. (stock height wheelbase?)
6. RIX from down south zx14 9.97@138 mph? Slammed prepped, medium light weight rider
7. ftp7777 07 gsxr slammed bolt ons, right weather conditions, light weight rider (slightly above average skills/ per Steve 9.99 lol)
8. ICBM's Busa in the 9's with lightweight rider/ fully slammed, prepped) getting it done with hp/weight ratio.

Note of interest to all:

It only takes about 150 hp( dyno) and light weight with low 1.6 60's to run a 9 sec pass. Hp range of the above bikes are as low as 150's (all motor) to +300 hp (turbo). The lightest rider in the above is 94 lb suited to the heaviest rider (myself) suited 225lb's at the time it ran those numbers.

Part 2 street racing to follow on the next post......................................:beer:

See less See more
#32 ·
2005 Hayabusa Pipe, Gear, Lowered, MR12 =

9.98 @ 137 mph.

Sure would like to make a pass on Mr. ABQ's BMW to see if I can put it in the 9's stock height/wheelbase. :headbang: :headbang: ;)

#33 ·
2008 Hayabusa exhaust, -1 gear, slammed

9.963@138.532
1.547 60'

Best 8th to date. Had to get out of it because I was warned about 9s already that night.
6.392 @ 111.199

#44 ·
my 03-04 mixed with 05-06 gsxr 1000 went 8.50's on motor, i also have spray hooked up but never sprayed because im not done having it tuned. ill post a time slip of my next race best and worst pass. i can ride the bike on the street if need be, but i try not to because i have no oil cooler and a gen2 multi-stage clutch.

#45 ·
thats cooking for sure but that 8.50 on motor will most likely be a 9.30-9.40 up here in the clouds...

#47 ·
No offence to you guys but isn’t this list very very very out dated? Or is it just that no one posts times on here anymore?

#51 ·
Well who ever is supposed to update the list on the first post is slacking. I know that list is not accurate. I don't see your best time on the list on page one only in a post, later.

#52 ·
if it drops my time that much then i guess ill just have to turn the bottle on and spray the house down. i built this bike to take as much nitrous as needed, and still be able to run a street et. class. i can still ride the bike on the street and street race people but i try not to keep running the bike unless im at my nhra events. im just wanting to know what it will run on the spray when i decide its time to turn it loose. im hitting it with a 40 shot from the line and another 40 when i hit 2nd gear. the nos system is hooked up to a progresive box and has a micro switch on my clutch so when i let out the clutch the gas is hitting. basically like a full throttle switch, which i cant use because im using a 2 step box.my nitrous lines T off so i can use the pressure from the nitrous bottle for an air shifter which i have hooked up to a pressure controler. the bike is decked out with only the best equip. but im just getting un patient wanting to know what its fully capable of running. hopefully from what the engine builder said , it will last almost 2 full seasons if i dont spray all the time. which is a good thing because i have about 20k tied up in just the motor. all my parts are custom cnc parts that were special made just for my bike, its a new setup we are trying, the setup might be for sale if it works on my bike, but it will not be 20k it will be cheaper

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.