True Street Cars Forums banner

Unofficial bike list: 1/4 mile

16K views 56 replies 22 participants last post by  askaricars 
#1 ·
Bikes that run 9's or better in the qtr:

1. solid tech (Sean) turbo Busa 8.99 (full drag prep, slider clutch etc, and alot of hp enough said)
1a. Glen on a nos fed old school bike (definition of dragbike not streetable)
2. 06 smokes turbo zx14 9.?? (budget build, slam it, stretch it, add a sprinkle of homemade turbo no lock up clutch)
3. mralbuquerque zx12 retired blown up (all motor, 5th pass on new motor) saw no reason to due better as at the time no one was running faster- retired) 9.87@145.6 mph. ( expensive motor build with just about all the best components in the bike, hand clutch, foot shifted, semi slammed, and it would run 9's all the time, mainly a streetbike (probably the most expensive build of this bunch)
4. Andy 04 zx10 (drag prepped, budget build slammed, stretched, stripped of anything not necessary, probably the lightest bike here minus my 07 gsxr, light) 9.94 (simply a well set up bike as its getting the job done with a competent rider and light weight bike)
5. Gsxtacy 05 gsxr1000 9.95@ 140 ish mph( ultra light 94 lb suited rider) once upon a time but his time still stands. (stock height wheelbase?)
6. RIX from down south zx14 9.97@138 mph? Slammed prepped, medium light weight rider
7. ftp7777 07 gsxr slammed bolt ons, right weather conditions, light weight rider (slightly above average skills/ per Steve 9.99 lol)
8. ICBM's Busa in the 9's with lightweight rider/ fully slammed, prepped) getting it done with hp/weight ratio.

Note of interest to all:

It only takes about 150 hp( dyno) and light weight with low 1.6 60's to run a 9 sec pass. Hp range of the above bikes are as low as 150's (all motor) to +300 hp (turbo). The lightest rider in the above is 94 lb suited to the heaviest rider (myself) suited 225lb's at the time it ran those numbers.

Part 2 street racing to follow on the next post......................................:beer:

See less See more
#8 ·
Please add the weight of rider.

2010 BMW S1000rr:
1. weight of rider with gear 218
2. +2 rear gear, akra full exhaust
3. 1.87 60ft :drunk:, 10.45@140.989
4. Stock height, wheelbase, and tires (first time out at the strip with this bike)

Note: quickest ET and fastest mph of all the bikes I've owned on a first outing.....

#9 ·
I don't remember exact time but 10.40s@139 no strap.
I had nitrous at the time 40hp shot.
Bike was lowered 2in rear and 1.25in up front.
Geared -1
slip-on
153lbs in gear
stock wheel base
I think my 60' was a 1.85 or so.

#14 ·
10.15@138.9 - 1.8 60' Slip on ONLY. Stock wheelbase, stock height, stock tires. 158rwhp
10.28@142.2 - 1.9 60' - Slip on, PCIII tuned, BMC filter, -1/+2, 520 chain, 180 tire, TRE, Stock height, stock wheelbase, 165.5rwhp

My weight is in the upper 150's suited but back then I was prob 10 pounds lighter

#15 ·
Factory Turbo Charged 750 (one of the bike guys help me with this, I can't remember exactly) 1980's bike? Jim Costa at Yearwood owned a red one and Scott from Pro Street Engineering bought it. One of the last factory turbo bikes made. Kawasaki. I went 11.60 in Albuqueque circa 1995. That may be the last pass I made on a bike LOL. The one I rode was blue and had a wheelie bar and slick. I was maybe 190 lbs at teh time. Don't remember the 60 Ft. or MPH. I may be able to dig up the time slip out in the shop somewhere.

Here is the bike GPZ750 Kawasaki GPZ750 Turbo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

#16 ·
1984 and 1985

I did not know Jim had one.

I have had 4 of them and currently have 2. One is a street/strip bruiser and has ran a best of 11.00et @ 123mph with me @ 275lbs suited. I got a best of 1.69 60 ft. time on it. It made 130hp with stock turbo on 13psi, dump pipe, bypass valve and stone stock engine(actually a rebuilt 810cc kit), lowered and stretched 6" on a stock skinny bias ply tire. It runs out of breath by 9600rpms. I foot shifted at about 9300rpms for best all around ET/MPH.

Right now, it is waiting for me to finish it up as well. I want to rebuild the bottom end as I have the top end and every damn part you can throw at it. I have a modded stock turbo that has a T3 wheel installed. This turbo has supported 250hp at 30psi.

I had a friend who had one back in the late 80s and early 90s. He was a fly weight at 130lbs and he got a best of 11.80s stone stock. On the street he dominated though even though many GSXRs were running in the 11s as well.

Here is a vid or 3 of me back in early 2000s.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baAQSk9fsOE]YouTube - Kawasaki 750 Turbo Dragstrip[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rq0a29JHlNY]YouTube - Kawasaki 750 Turbo[/ame]

The first run on this video was my first turbo. It was stone stock except for exhaust and boost upped to about 12psi. Best on it with a slipping clutch was a 12.15et
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5T0VWaQi3a4]YouTube - TurboLoverVid2.wmv[/ame]

#18 ·
Nice vids Steve-o! I am thoroughly disappointed you lost to Chester the molester. :eek:ldman: :hump:

Anyway- ABQ's quickest and fastest GSX-R1000 K7 in Black/Orange with a Two Bros slip-on, 57 inch wheelbase, hand clutch, foot shifting, street tires, lowered, stock wheels, stock seat, stock windscreen, stock chainguard, stock battery, -1 +2 gearing, and MR11 fuel in Nov 08' = 1.67, 6.59, 10.04 @ 141.88.

Same bike one year later w/same mods except U4 fuel and -2 +2 gearing = 1.61, 6.48, 9.99 @ 138.67.

Goal accomplished. Now to go move mountains. :patriot:

#19 ·
That is definitely the bike. Cool videos and history right there. Does anyone remember Scott (Bouska ??) from Pro Street back in the early 90s. It was blue and lowered aith a wheelie bar? That was the bike I made my pass on. It was right around a mid 11 most of the time he rode it. He bracket raced it a lot in those days. Then again, that was pretty fast in those days too. LOL

#21 ·
I think I remember Scott and I certainly remember Pro Street Engineering but I don't remember the bike.

Yea, MrAbq is talking about Steve(damn forgot his last name) from Redline Motorcycles. They were the Suzuki boys. His wrench Steve Enuoa(Spelt wrong) raced a lot as well. In fact he was just here last year trying to sell his 9 second GS. He has his own shop I believe on Central. Interesting for back then, they had a employee that was the premiere road racer......back then that was way taboo for us......I think his name was Adam, he was a damn good road racer.

#20 ·
Hey Pro Street Vega, I was drag racing motorcycles way back in "NAM" actually 80's. But I remember Steve from redline (low 9's ) a shop off of central in ABQ that burned down and a guy who had a turbo honda 8's back in the day. Those two would always be the fastest with the turbo bike from santa fe winning most of the time. Back then I had my mighty VMAX 1986 (stock) model and it ran a best of (hold on to your seat) 12.005@115 mph WOOOOWWWWWWW! I was a flyweight weighing about 145 lb's..

About three more locals to go: Boys............Ispeed505, JonVon , Finchstang, ET and set up ?????????????

Trmin8r since you made this post a sticky can you move it to the top of the motorcycle page so all can see it????:headbang:

#27 ·
Hey Pro Street Vega, I was drag racing motorcycles way back in "NAM" actually 80's. But I remember Steve from redline (low 9's ) a shop off of central in ABQ that burned down and a guy who had a turbo honda 8's back in the day. Those two would always be the fastest with the turbo bike from santa fe winning most of the time. Back then I had my mighty VMAX 1986 (stock) model and it ran a best of (hold on to your seat) 12.005@115 mph WOOOOWWWWWWW! I was a flyweight weighing about 145 lb's..

About three more locals to go: Boys............Ispeed505, JonVon , Finchstang, ET and set up ?????????????

Trmin8r since you made this post a sticky can you move it to the top of the motorcycle page so all can see it????:headbang:

I would if I knew how lol

#22 ·
iSpeed505: 2008 Yzf-R1

Geared -1, slip on exhaust, pilot power, 91 octane pump gas, 170 suited with helmet

best et: 10.29 @ 136, 1.78 60'
best mph: 139 with a 10.36ish et.

#23 ·
next mods, strapped, clutch springs, clutch mod, lowered 2'' in the back, power commander, mr12 race gas.

shooting for 1.6x 60', high 9s with 140+ mph.

#24 ·
Posting cause MRALBUQUERQUE asked me to...

I took the gsxr and the car to the track once... went 10.5 at 136 on the bike with a 1.76 60' and 10.5 at 136 with a 1.95 60'... The funnest part was jumping into the car and hauling balls just to the 1/8th and coasting to a 10.5 at 106. It was a 10.5 kind of day for me. Gsxr made 151hp on Sean's dyno.

I'd love to and plan on taking my bike back to the track but not necessarily a straight line track. I thought it was pretty boring to race that bike at the track.. I'm sure it would be different if it was stretched and setup better for straight lines but I'll never do any of that stuff to this bike.

#25 ·
Thanks, Finchstang and Ispeed505 for your quick responses:thumbsup:

JonVon????????????

Finchstang : "I'd love to and plan on taking my bike back to the track but not necessarily a straight line track. I thought it was pretty boring to race that bike at the track.."

See you at a trackday at Sandia:headbang:

#29 · (Edited)
I weigh 196 fully suited and my bike was -1 (16 and 41) it had the power commander 3 with one of the online maps, stock header with A slip-on kerker off of my vmax and a plug in the other side, Stock tires at 30 psi lowered with muzzy lowering links at the lowest setting strapped front with about 1" of clearance between the fender and the fairing and about 2" of total ground clearance, Secondary butterflies removed and 91 octane (ABQ Times 60’ was 1.60 on the 9.97 at 137 or 138 and the run before that was a 9.99 at 136.? with a 1.599 60’) Roswell Time 9.73@146 60' was 1.570) All runs were stock WB hand clutch and foot shifted.

#30 ·
2010 BMW s1000rr

Stock motor:
weight of rider 218 suited
Stock height wheelbase
10.30@141.65 mph
1.76 60ft
hand clutch foot shifted

2007 GSXR 1000

9.92@142.98 mph
1.58 60 ft
weight of rider 218 suited
lowered stretched
hand clutch foot shifted

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.