I got another modified exhaust ticket. I am disappointed with APD - Page 3 - TrueStreetCars.com
Forgot?
Create Account >> Home Forums Pictures Vendors Garage Today's Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12/06/09, 04:28 PM   #31 (permalink)
It's just me

Buy/Sell Feedback: 4
HP: 10000/1702345 [?]
Maybe it's because your a mexican, let me drive the poopra for a couple weeks and see if I get any tickets.
autotoystore is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12/06/09, 04:29 PM   #32 (permalink)

Buy/Sell Feedback: 0
HP: 10000/855372 [?]
Originally Posted by SSx2 View Post
You have to look at the people who actually push the bill for this law to be in place. They're not car enthusiasts. And, it's ok for a Harley to have as loud or louder exhaust? He can rev the motor all day long and not get a ticket. I know, it's considered a safety feature. It's not fair!

Are you a cop?

You sir are wrong, they passed a anti revving law last year well last summer aimed specifically at harleys. it did not go well with the biker community and we packed city hall a few times to voice our complaints

TO CISCO....
with richard berry now in the big dog seat there is a possibility of overturning the modified exhaust law. i spoke with him and Rick who owns RNS, he said it seemd like an unfair law and would be willing to give it serious look..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Me vs soony turbo 14
vs ttsgt500

Johnvon the Dick is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 12/06/09, 05:22 PM   #33 (permalink)

HP: 2490/108681 [?]
Garage
"to prevent excessive or unusual noise of the motor or to muffle or deaden the sound from the motor"

So it cant be too loud, but cant be too quiet either????
Bottlefed is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 12/07/09, 12:48 PM   #34 (permalink)
Titan Killer/ Creeper

Buy/Sell Feedback: 1
HP: 10000/2560058 [?]
Garage
it definately has to do with the type of car, My truck and the SRT are pretty loud but it looks stock so I have never been pulled over for it. If you guys remember my T/A it was loud as f*ck, (SLP Long tubes, off road y pipe, slp exhaust) and not once did I get stopped for it. A cop cut me off to pull over a friend of mine in a civic with a fart can tip for his exhaust. Good luck in court
Old 12/07/09, 02:01 PM   #35 (permalink)
PSI FTW!!!!

HP: 10000/1200433 [?]
cops in abq must really dislike supras i mean damn i never see one person get fucked with so much and i know some fucking idiots,fight that shit
gigglegas is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 12/07/09, 02:06 PM   #36 (permalink)
FUCK FOURLOKO!!

HP: 10000/2235877 [?]
Garage
Xbox LIVE: 235th
I love the kind of cars that this ticket targets.. Its bullshit but I've been driving my car with 2 feet of exhaust piping and zero muffler or baffling or any restriction for as long as I have owned the car and never had any problems. (knocking on a thick chunk of wood right now)..

Good luck Getting that shit square Cisco.

Toyota Supra - ProEFI
JEWPRA is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 12/07/09, 05:34 PM   #37 (permalink)

HP: 10000/727179 [?]
Xbox LIVE: 73rd
All of those BS laws are passed in big towns to get money, it is all about money and whoever thinks it is not should have their head checked, I bet you still believe in the tooth fairy if you do not think this is political boost to fill the negative deficits which grow every year, If Bill Richardson could manage state money a lil better you would not see these BS laws passed and it would ease up a bit. This is just one of the percs of living in such a shitty governed state, but keep voting for Obama and he will send you a check to pay all these tickets with!

1995 3.4 litre Turbo Supra
2000 5.4 litre 94mm/mustang
2004 Mystichrome 5.4 litre/THP TT
2011 Cadillac CTS-V sedan
1988 331 coupe w/67 mm turbo
2010 ZR1 Solid Tech tuned
TwinTurboTRex is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 12/07/09, 06:40 PM   #38 (permalink)
Turbobeaner

HP: 9029/417831 [?]
Garage
I think its the shinny muffler. I took my turbo back exahust off and have been running open dp. Louder than shit but spool is better. I have dirven by cops, next to them etc and they dont even take a look. Im sure if i go to monty i'll get pulled over right away tho.

turbomopie is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 12/07/09, 07:02 PM   #39 (permalink)
Praying for TSC

HP: 10000/897703 [?]
Originally Posted by TwinTurboTRex View Post
All of those BS laws are passed in big towns to get money, it is all about money and whoever thinks it is not should have their head checked, I bet you still believe in the tooth fairy if you do not think this is political boost to fill the negative deficits which grow every year, If Bill Richardson could manage state money a lil better you would not see these BS laws passed and it would ease up a bit. This is just one of the percs of living in such a shitty governed state, but keep voting for Obama and he will send you a check to pay all these tickets with!

The exhuast law is a State Law as well, it's like 66-3-xxx something. Again, it is not about money OR the type of car. The way to avoid getting these tickets is to not take your modded cars near Montgomery or Central on Fri or Sat nights. Yeah I know it sucks, but pick your poison. For people that think it's a money making scheme are mislead. Don't believe it? Go into Metro Court and watch some of the people that are there on these tickets. Most of the time, the violator, officer, and judge are trying to workout a resolution to keep the ticket'ed from paying the full fine. In most cases the violator ends up changing/modifying the exhaust and only paying the mandatory court costs. Hence no extra for the State.
"For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul?" -Matthew 16:26

TSC- Trust the fanatics with your car, not with your sister.
The Peoples Champion is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 12/07/09, 07:10 PM   #40 (permalink)
Rustlin' Jimmies

HP: 10000/3742576 [?]
Garage
Originally Posted by FTP7777 View Post
The exhuast law is a State Law as well, it's like 66-3-xxx something. Again, it is not about money OR the type of car. The way to avoid getting these tickets is to not take your modded cars near Montgomery or Central on Fri or Sat nights. Yeah I know it sucks, but pick your poison. For people that think it's a money making scheme are mislead. Don't believe it? Go into Metro Court and watch some of the people that are there on these tickets. Most of the time, the violator, officer, and judge are trying to workout a resolution to keep the ticket'ed from paying the full fine. In most cases the violator ends up changing/modifying the exhaust and only paying the mandatory court costs. Hence no extra for the State.
You still end up in court, wasting your time, and paying them money you otherwise wouldn't be. Looks like they are still making money to me.

You're right man, red light & speed cameras aren't about generating revenue either.

Bought not built. Come at me bro.

Stretch is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 12/07/09, 07:23 PM   #41 (permalink)
Praying for TSC

HP: 10000/897703 [?]
Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
You still end up in court, wasting your time, and paying them money you otherwise wouldn't be. Looks like they are still making money to me.

You're right man, red light & speed cameras aren't about generating revenue either.
Who's fault is that?
"For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul?" -Matthew 16:26

TSC- Trust the fanatics with your car, not with your sister.
The Peoples Champion is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 12/07/09, 07:37 PM   #42 (permalink)
Winning
Administrator

HP: 10000/1290779 [?]
Garage
Originally Posted by FTP7777 View Post
Who's fault is that?
It's the prick cops fault. I mean really, why would a cop waste his time to give a fucking exhaust ticket to someone that wasn't revving or acting stupid? I know why, to be a dick, plain and simple.
TRMIN8R is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 12/07/09, 07:40 PM   #43 (permalink)
Rustlin' Jimmies

HP: 10000/3742576 [?]
Garage
Seriously? If you're getting pulled over and written a ticket for a bullshit ticket over a super-vague law, I'd say it isn't the civilians fault.

Bought not built. Come at me bro.

Stretch is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 12/07/09, 08:00 PM   #44 (permalink)

HP: 6614/303419 [?]
We certainly need the rev-law as it just bugs the shit out of me when some dumbass Harley fuck has to rev his bike up anywhere in town. He isn't doing it so he can be safe, he is doing it to say "Look at me, I'm a dumbass!" This goes for all dipshits revving whatever you drive/ride.

As I have been getting older, my ears are getting more sensitive to loud obnoxious cars so get a fucking muffler that works. They don't cost that much HP and your ride will sound better IMHO rather than some redneck in a rusted POS Chevy Blazer. You guys have to admit when a car is a bit too loud, you all are not that stupid are you?

Now as far as turbo cars, they generally are pretty quiet under part throttle conditions so I am surprised that you get pulled over so often. I do agree about the Police needing to put more effort in "Real" crimes than the exhaust ordinance though.

When is the last time you saw the law prevent a murder or burglary from happening when they pulled over a Sports car with a loud exhaust? Priorities.

And one more thing, has anybody seen a law that wasn't vague?
ICBM is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 12/07/09, 08:32 PM   #45 (permalink)

HP: 10000/855372 [?]
we45ew

[quote=ICBM;75010]We certainly need the rev-law as it just bugs the shit out of me when some dumbass Harley fuck has to rev his bike up anywhere in town. He isn't doing it so he can be safe, he is doing it to say "Look at me, I'm a dumbass!" This goes for all dipshits revving whatever you drive/ride.

As I have been getting older, my ears are getting more sensitive to loud obnoxious cars so get a fucking muffler that works. They don't cost that much HP and your ride will sound better IMHO rather than some redneck in a rusted POS Chevy Blazer. You guys have to admit when a car is a bit too loud, you all are not that stupid are you?

Now as far as turbo cars, they generally are pretty quiet under part throttle conditions so I am surprised that you get pulled over so often. I do agree about the Police needing to put more effort in "Real" crimes than the exhaust ordinance though.

just for you

Me vs soony turbo 14
vs ttsgt500

Johnvon the Dick is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page

Quick Reply
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TrueStreetCars.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Username:
Password
Enter a password for your account. Passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Re-enter Password:
Email Address
Enter your email address.
Email Address:
Spam Account Filter
Enter only the capital letters from these words: LET it EaT aT tX2K12
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. | Questions | Contact Us | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy