I got another modified exhaust ticket. I am disappointed with APD - Page 4 - TrueStreetCars.com
Forgot?
Create Account >> Home Forums Pictures Vendors Garage Today's Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12/07/09, 08:46 PM   #46 (permalink)
Praying for TSC

Buy/Sell Feedback: 0
HP: 10000/897703 [?]
Originally Posted by TRMIN8R View Post
It's the prick cops fault. I mean really, why would a cop waste his time to give a fucking exhaust ticket to someone that wasn't revving or acting stupid? I know why, to be a dick, plain and simple.
Ah behave yourself Sean! We're all adults. We need to take personal accountability for our own actions. I know as testosterone-driven males it's difficult to be told when you're wrong. If anyone thinks it's a dumb law, go to the legislature up in Santa Fe or contact your City Councillor and get it repealed.
"For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul?" -Matthew 16:26

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

TSC- Trust the fanatics with your car, not with your sister.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Peoples Champion is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12/07/09, 09:04 PM   #47 (permalink)
Rustlin' Jimmies

HP: 10000/3742576 [?]
Garage
Originally Posted by FTP7777 View Post
Ah behave yourself Sean! We're all adults. We need to take personal accountability for our own actions. I know as testosterone-driven males it's difficult to be told when you're wrong. If anyone thinks it's a dumb law, go to the legislature up in Santa Fe or contact your City Councillor and get it repealed.
Are you related to Marty or something? Jeez.
We all know how asking the government nicely to repeal a source of revenue is going over like a terd in a punchbowl.

Bought not built. Come at me bro.

Stretch is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 12/07/09, 09:32 PM   #48 (permalink)

Buy/Sell Feedback: 1
HP: 6614/303419 [?]
Originally Posted by Johnvon the winner View Post

just for you
Exactly
ICBM is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 12/07/09, 09:44 PM   #49 (permalink)
Praying for TSC

HP: 10000/897703 [?]
Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
Are you related to Marty or something? Jeez.
We all know how asking the government nicely to repeal a source of revenue is going over like a terd in a punchbowl.
No I didn't even vote for him. I'm a car/bike enthusiast just like all you guys. But moreover, i'm a follower of Jesus and i'll stand up for what's right, regardless of what anyone around me says or does.
"For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul?" -Matthew 16:26

TSC- Trust the fanatics with your car, not with your sister.
The Peoples Champion is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 12/07/09, 09:46 PM   #50 (permalink)
Wheres the cream filling?

HP: 690/23780 [?]
Garage
Im sorry man im in the same boat right now i jus got a modified exhaust ticket friday night. I wasnt even speeding or anything, just driving like a good citizen. But like mentioned earlier in this thread were more likely to get a citation for exhaust on friday and saturday. A qoute from the officer, "If it had been any other day of the week besides friday or saturday, and on any other road besides montgomery, you wouldnt be recieving this citation tonight." I dont know about you but im going to try to get this ticket dismissed.

04 Sti WRB Stage 2 tuned.
89 Civic hatch completely stock (Stolen)

ScrewedUpBeyondAllRepairUsually
TwInKiE is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 12/07/09, 10:29 PM   #51 (permalink)
Mah Stacy Adams!

HP: 10000/862404 [?]
Garage
Xbox LIVE: 261st
Originally Posted by FTP7777 View Post
No I didn't even vote for him. I'm a car/bike enthusiast just like all you guys. But moreover, i'm a follower of Jesus and i'll stand up for what's right, regardless of what anyone around me says or does.
LULZ OMGz thump thump thump.

Because you seem to be agreeing with the Officer in this situation, let me ask you a few questions. Have you ever heard Cisco's car when he is taking it easy and just cruising it? Are you saying that because the Officer ticket Cisco, that he is without a doubt right?

This "city ordinance" is complete bullshit. The cop saw some an import driving down the road with a nice big chrome can sticking out of the back and stereo-typed the hell out of the whole situation. Pure and simple. As SLOBRA stated earlier, he doesn't ever get bullshit ticket like this and his car is much louder.

My whole point is just it was a Officer of the Law giving the ticket doesn't make it correct. "i'm a follower of Jesus and i'll stand up for what's right, regardless of what anyone around me says or does"....

youre not standing up for was is right, Mr. FTP. what does FTP stand for anyway? Not a very "right" or "Christian" thing to say if i recall correctly...

TrueStreetCars.com- COMEATUSBRO
iSpeed505 is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 12/07/09, 10:57 PM   #52 (permalink)
spooledup (OP)
E85 veteran
Administrator

HP: 10000/621616 [?]
I don't want everybody to rag on Mike he is a good guy. I understand him sticking up for these guys, hell he trusts his life to them. But maybe Mike seeing it from another view might get him to see it a little different and maybe some of his co workers could start to see it differently.

I could see why people complain about the noise and why it is there. But I think officers should target people that act stupid and are intentionally making noise by driving like dumb asses.

Cops obliviously overlook other cars like anything with a V8 and target imports with big mufflers. So you think they could start to target idiot drivers. If I was cruising at 40 mph @ 4000 rpm I would not complain about getting a loud exhaust ticket.

1997 Alpine Silver 6-Speed GT42 5.9 60-130
2004 WRB WRX STi
2008 Busa SWB SOLD
2002 Escalade
The Supra in action

spooledup is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 12/07/09, 11:02 PM   #53 (permalink)
01smokes

The cop did not even hear Ciscos car it was a visual thing im sure of it, when we passed by the cop it was about 2:30am we were at maybe 2kRPM the cops window was up, as soon as the cop pulled out Cisco said he is after me, the cop was at least 100 yards from us when Cisco pulled in to the parking lot with the car OFF he coasted in there is no way the cop even heard the car he was making shit up saying stupid shit.
  Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 12/07/09, 11:05 PM   #54 (permalink)
Mah Stacy Adams!

HP: 10000/862404 [?]
Garage
Xbox LIVE: 261st
i didnt know that Mike, he is a good dude.

i wont edit my post, but ignore my sarcasm man.

TrueStreetCars.com- COMEATUSBRO
iSpeed505 is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 12/07/09, 11:08 PM   #55 (permalink)
spooledup (OP)
E85 veteran
Administrator

HP: 10000/621616 [?]
Every time I pass by a cop on a weekend I just turn it off and coast because I already know the bullshit game. I do it so if I get pulled over and the cop says my car was loud I will be able to tell them it was off and throw all credibility they have out the window.

1997 Alpine Silver 6-Speed GT42 5.9 60-130
2004 WRB WRX STi
2008 Busa SWB SOLD
2002 Escalade
The Supra in action

spooledup is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 12/08/09, 12:27 AM   #56 (permalink)
NONE OF IT

Buy/Sell Feedback: 1
HP: 10000/924999 [?]
Garage
I say you do a custom exhaust Cisco, have the muffler under the car, and one stock looking pipe (diameter of your choice) running out the back. Fuck these people, make it look somewhat stock and these fucks won't have anything to say.
PUN1SHR is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 12/08/09, 01:37 AM   #57 (permalink)

HP: 10000/855372 [?]
Every one be nice to ftp7777777 or else johnvon will fight you he is just making the point of the law and the other non automotive citizen's of albq. but like he said if you want the law changed go to city council meeting's talk to the mayor. the pigs just enforce the law's they dont make them.
and rember be nice or else

Me vs soony turbo 14
vs ttsgt500

Johnvon the Dick is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 12/08/09, 02:55 AM   #58 (permalink)
3rd Gear

HP: 10000/550307 [?]
Seems like you could have a field day with this in court. Ask the officer if he is an expert on MKIV supras. Ask him if he knows the decibel output level of a stock exhaust MKIV supra. Ask him what decibel level your car was running that night cruising at 2k rpms. Ask him where his sound recording equipment was the night he pulled you over.

Oh he didn't have any? When was the last time your ears were calibrated and ask to see the certification sticker for his ears. If you were just cruizing like you say and of you have witnesses, then take them with you to court and claim that you are being unfairly targeted for having an import car.

The burden of proof is on the state to prove you were violating the law. When you get this thrown out of court ask for proof of dismissal of this citation so if you get pulled over again you can show it to the next asshole who tries to pull this on you.
TurboVet is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 12/08/09, 05:07 AM   #59 (permalink)
Rustlin' Jimmies

HP: 10000/3742576 [?]
Garage
I'm not blaming cops for this law at all, that's all the bureaucrats fault.
Although the cops dont write the laws they get a choice in enforcing the stupid portions too. When's the last time someone got a ticket for driving with no shoes on or not having 2 hands on the wheel? Because those are both laws too.

Bought not built. Come at me bro.

Stretch is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 12/08/09, 05:39 AM   #60 (permalink)
Doesnt know jack shit

HP: 10000/581643 [?]
Isnt the law pretty clear, a modified exhaust is illegal regardless of db? It sucks you got pulled over Cisco, but cops will be cops.
Teknotard is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page

Quick Reply
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TrueStreetCars.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Username:
Password
Enter a password for your account. Passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Re-enter Password:
Email Address
Enter your email address.
Email Address:
Spam Account Filter
Enter only the capital letters from these words: LET it EaT aT tX2K12
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. | Questions | Contact Us | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy