I got another modified exhaust ticket. I am disappointed with APD - Page 5 - TrueStreetCars.com
Forgot?
Create Account >> Home Forums Pictures Vendors Garage Today's Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12/08/09, 07:33 AM   #61 (permalink)
Praying for TSC

Buy/Sell Feedback: 0
HP: 10000/897703 [?]
Lol thx for stickin' up Cis and JV. Anyone else all is forgiven. I try not be bias and take sides cuz truth is, cops make mistakes too. I probably don't know the cop that cited you, being there are like 800 sworn with APD. I just posted up on here trying to give you guys some ways to avoid getting cornholed by this law. GL w/gettin your ticket resolved.
"For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul?" -Matthew 16:26

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

TSC- Trust the fanatics with your car, not with your sister.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Peoples Champion is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12/08/09, 07:44 AM   #62 (permalink)
Mustang Graveyard

HP: 4083/187212 [?]
Garage
Originally Posted by FTP7777 View Post
Hey Cis I understand your frustration dude. I showed you the law right outta the books so you were aware of it. It's not a money making scheme. If that law was not in effect, people would be doing whatever they wanted with their exhausts and we wouldn't be able to sleep peacefully at night cuz all the dang noise. One thing I have noticed though is if you take a car with a modified exhuast out on a Friday or Saturday night, your chances for getting stopped increase significantly so pls keep that in mind.
I must beg to differ, I've been a paralegal for the last 5 years while applying for law school, and I have seen more frivolous citations like this, that are PURELY money making schemes, that's is the entire reason they enforce anything... FOR profit gain and social control. Its very similar to how NM's DUI laws have changed. Once they were the same penalties minus the 10k+ they charge you for it now. Our city makes 36% more in minor traffic infractions then any other city with comparable population, that is a true testament to the financial obligation of our city to slowly strip us of every freedom we have left. Our politicians have dipped into the pot too much and now services like APD are being used to gain revenue rather then protecting the people.

06' Evolution MR
Bolt On's
Turbo_HO is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 12/08/09, 09:59 AM   #63 (permalink)
spooledup (OP)
E85 veteran
Administrator

HP: 10000/621616 [?]
Originally Posted by TurboVet View Post
Seems like you could have a field day with this in court. Ask the officer if he is an expert on MKIV supras. Ask him if he knows the decibel output level of a stock exhaust MKIV supra. Ask him what decibel level your car was running that night cruising at 2k rpms. Ask him where his sound recording equipment was the night he pulled you over.

Oh he didn't have any? When was the last time your ears were calibrated and ask to see the certification sticker for his ears. If you were just cruizing like you say and of you have witnesses, then take them with you to court and claim that you are being unfairly targeted for having an import car.

The burden of proof is on the state to prove you were violating the law. When you get this thrown out of court ask for proof of dismissal of this citation so if you get pulled over again you can show it to the next asshole who tries to pull this on you.

Ive gone into court before on this and presented a great case. I even had a lawyer that was in there come talk to me after the case and tell me I did great up there. I still lost because it seems like all you need to win the case is a badge and automatically your word is more important than a regular civilians. In court I asked the officer what the stock diameter of a stock Supra exhaust was? I asked what size mine was? he never clearly answered either of these questions. I gave examples of other laws the city has for loud exhaust and how they are enforced. I gave examples of decibel sounds of normal house hold things like a hair dryer and a vacuum cleaner vs the limit for a vehicle going down the road. I added that the officer never had a device to measure this. I told the judge that the burden of the proof is on the officer to prove that my exhaust was modified and louder than stock. I said he never clearly answered the questions on stock exhaust diameter and it was evident that he does not know enough about the car to make that decision. I also informed them that this is not a regular vehicle but a production limited edition sports car so of course its going to be louder than your everyday vehicle.

Originally Posted by Turbo_HO View Post
I must beg to differ, I've been a paralegal for the last 5 years while applying for law school, and I have seen more frivolous citations like this, that are PURELY money making schemes, that's is the entire reason they enforce anything... FOR profit gain and social control. Its very similar to how NM's DUI laws have changed. Once they were the same penalties minus the 10k+ they charge you for it now. Our city makes 36% more in minor traffic infractions then any other city with comparable population, that is a true testament to the financial obligation of our city to slowly strip us of every freedom we have left. Our politicians have dipped into the pot too much and now services like APD are being used to gain revenue rather then protecting the people.

I agree its to make money and to keep people from going out by inconveniencing them. Its sad because driving to Sonic or Taco C on a Saturday night is not illegal. But the only way to prevent getting some ticket for nothing is by staying home. Its not only the exhaust violations they do this with. I got cited for driving the Corvette with the fog lights on. He cited me under a statue that was about glaring lights when over taking a vehicle. I took in pics form the different distances in the statue and showed how the fog lights never came close to being in a persons windows. Cop no showed to that one. Ive seen friends get cited for a loud stereo when the one in their car was factory. Ive been stopped for going 5 under the limit and the officer asking why I was going so slow. Ive been given a criminal trespassing ticket because I was standing in the Walgreen's parking lot. I had conducted business in Walgreen's and told the officer that It was not fair to get this ticket because I was a customer. I landed up in hand cuffs after taking the ticket and saying "I cannot even read this ticket" it was written so horribly and my copy was not readable. I got out of this in court because I presented a great case. The officer got really upset and stayed talking to the judge in private for about 5 minutes. After he said the officer was wrong and I could leave.

After all that its easy to say," Why dont you stay home,and if you want to hang out with friends invite them over." But its not that easy plus I really don't want 20 people at my house every weekend. Then party patrol will be at my door. Maybe I need to take up drugs or alcohol so I can stay home and not get into trouble. Its sad but smoking crack at home I would have less chance of a run in with the law then going out to Sonic for an ice creme.

1997 Alpine Silver 6-Speed GT42 5.9 60-130
2004 WRB WRX STi
2008 Busa SWB SOLD
2002 Escalade
The Supra in action

spooledup is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 12/08/09, 10:50 AM   #64 (permalink)
FUCK FOURLOKO!!

Buy/Sell Feedback: 1
HP: 10000/2235877 [?]
Garage
Xbox LIVE: 235th
Sounds like you really did have one hell of a case for your last exhaust ticket.. are you going to try the same route this time? Its a good thing you don't do any drinking Cisco, you find enough trouble as it is.

Toyota Supra - ProEFI
JEWPRA is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 12/08/09, 11:04 AM   #65 (permalink)
Vatican Assassin Warlock

HP: 10000/905785 [?]
That's some lame shit man.

Sell me your optima battery with the lid, that will offset the pain!
Weak Sauce is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 12/08/09, 11:08 AM   #66 (permalink)
spooledup (OP)
E85 veteran
Administrator

Originally Posted by finchstang View Post
Sounds like you really did have one hell of a case for your last exhaust ticket.. are you going to try the same route this time? Its a good thing you don't do any drinking Cisco, you find enough trouble as it is.

I doubt it, you cant win in this system. I don't know what I am going to do.

2004 WRB WRX STi
2008 Busa SWB SOLD
2002 Escalade
The Supra in action

Old 12/08/09, 11:22 AM   #67 (permalink)
3rd Gear

HP: 10000/790624 [?]
Damn Cisco, I definitely feel your pain. One summer I think I got 5 of those tickets. The law really isn't vague, it's the "enforcement" of this law which is total bullshit.
Modification of Exhaust Systems. -- It shall be a violation of this section for any
person to operate any vehicle in the city limits with a modified exhaust system. A modified
exhaust system shall mean any change or alteration to the exhaust system found on the
vehicle when it was originally manufactured when such change results in noise that
exceeds the noise the vehicle made when manufactured. Any violation of ROA 1994 8-6
-13 or 9-9-9(A) through (D) shall also be violation of this paragraph.
The way it reads to me is that you can modify your exhaust just as long it is not louder than stock decibel. If the law was written :
It shall be a violation of this section for any
person to operate any vehicle in the city limits with a modified exhaust system. A modified
exhaust system shall mean any change or alteration to the exhaust system found on the
vehicle when it was originally manufactured.
You would be screwed, but it is not. So there is no physical way that just upon VISUAL inspection that an officer can state that the exhaust is modified. Hell even if the officer heard the exhaust he still cannot state that it is louder than a stock exhaust.

The officers are just see that all these civics with large exhaust tips are louder (and annoying) than stock so anything that has a large exhaust tip is classified as the same.

-Jerrod
97 Supra 6spd, T51R SPL
08 A4

I only post to hate on you.
Lagisforeplay is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 12/08/09, 11:36 AM   #68 (permalink)
What's Next?

HP: 4303/193889 [?]
Garage
Cysco is right! You can't win, why even try.

My brother was arrested for waving an Orange Play gun out the window of a car. Not only was he arrested, he was fairly brutalized in the arrest. He was beaten pretty good, the cop broke several things in the car such as skateboards, cds, and other stereo stuff. He pulled a gun on them, and yelled significantly about how if they moved he would shoot them. It was quite a show from a cop arresting three skateboarder kids at 17 with no drugs or alcohol, and really no reason.

Mysteriously, the fake gun was "LOST" in inventory at APD, and the judge actually ruled in favor of the cop giving my brother a felony charge on his record for a plastic, play cap gun that was ORANGE. He even paid over $5k for a lawyer to represent him because he was trying to avoid any chance of a Felony on his record, but the judge and cop were idiots. I was sitting in court, and couldn't believe that someone could get a felony charge for a fake, plastic gun without the gun even being present because it was "LOST".

I know not all officers are jerks because I know several that are really good and care about doing the right thing, but even they admit that the majority of them are on power trips.

2004 Cobra Silver/Charcoal - SOLD
1993 Cobra Teal/Black - 10.65 @ 129mph - SOLD
El Jefe is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 12/08/09, 12:50 PM   #69 (permalink)
Blood Diamond Pants

HP: 964/34498 [?]
Garage
This law sucks, I have received 3 of the tickets in the past. I have emailed SEMA SAN - SEMA ACTION NETWORK SEMA SAN about it in attempt to get some assistance in getting this law removed but with no avail. Maybe if we get together and all contact SEMA SAN we can get some assistance.
T-5 killer is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 12/08/09, 02:54 PM   #70 (permalink)
Get fat, Sell crack.

Buy/Sell Feedback: 1
HP: 10000/1083134 [?]
Garage
I've been cuffed and stuffed more times than a Central hooker becuse of auto-related stuff... and I'll tell you this... I learned to play the game really well. Everytime I get pulled over anymore, I agree, I'm cordial, I have my hands out the window, and turn the dome-lamp on. I've done alot of rediculous shit on the street and I haven't got a ticket since I've been fully cooperative and nice to officers. I'm getting too old to argue with the cops. I'll never be too old to do rolling burn-outs though, so I guess kissing ass and sending invites out for coffe and bar-time to the local PD will have to work for now. I must say, it really has worked. I can't afford to be in any ticket situations with a Class-A CDL either.
1988 Samurai
1988 Notch- build
1965 dodge pickup
1970 Maverick- build
1963 Lincoln Continental
1987 notch
NITROUSNYQUIL is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 12/08/09, 03:30 PM   #71 (permalink)
I'm kind of a big deal...

HP: 10000/626037 [?]
Garage
Xbox LIVE: 113th
Yep, this is bull shit for sure. Just show up with an invoice that has all the info regarding you converting it to stock. That works 100% of the time to date. At least from all the people I know..

98 Camaro SS 12.7 @ 109 SOLD

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather...... not screaming in terror like his passengers."
Klutch is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 12/08/09, 03:34 PM   #72 (permalink)
spooledup (OP)
E85 veteran
Administrator

Speaking of CDL's I also have one. I dont use if anymore but you would think an officer would be more considerate being that I might make my living by driving and knowing BS tickets put me in a bad situation.

2004 WRB WRX STi
2008 Busa SWB SOLD
2002 Escalade
The Supra in action

Old 12/08/09, 04:11 PM   #73 (permalink)

HP: 10000/727179 [?]
Xbox LIVE: 73rd
Originally Posted by FTP7777 View Post
Ah behave yourself Sean! We're all adults. We need to take personal accountability for our own actions. I know as testosterone-driven males it's difficult to be told when you're wrong. If anyone thinks it's a dumb law, go to the legislature up in Santa Fe or contact your City Councillor and get it repealed.
I think you are on the wrong forum, did you get mislinked and mean to go to RSW? It is a stupid law, we do not have this law where I live, but it is costing people time and money, giving the state money, money that the court recieves goes straight to the state, pays officials and cops, so that is not generating money?

1995 3.4 litre Turbo Supra
2000 5.4 litre 94mm/mustang
2004 Mystichrome 5.4 litre/THP TT
2011 Cadillac CTS-V sedan
1988 331 coupe w/67 mm turbo
2010 ZR1 Solid Tech tuned
TwinTurboTRex is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 12/08/09, 04:22 PM   #74 (permalink)

HP: 10000/855372 [?]
BUY a bike and run from the cops... problem solved

Me vs soony turbo 14
vs ttsgt500

Johnvon the Dick is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 12/08/09, 04:34 PM   #75 (permalink)
Mah Stacy Adams!

HP: 10000/862404 [?]
Garage
Xbox LIVE: 261st
Originally Posted by Johnvon the winner View Post
BUY a bike and run from the cops... problem solved
his supra is faster than bikes, YOU should know that

TrueStreetCars.com- COMEATUSBRO
iSpeed505 is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page

Quick Reply
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TrueStreetCars.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Username:
Password
Enter a password for your account. Passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Re-enter Password:
Email Address
Enter your email address.
Email Address:
Spam Account Filter
Enter only the capital letters from these words: LET it EaT aT tX2K12
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. | Questions | Contact Us | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy