I got another modified exhaust ticket. I am disappointed with APD - TrueStreetCars.com
Forgot?
Create Account >> Home Forums Pictures Vendors Garage Today's Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12/06/09, 02:53 AM   #1 (permalink)
spooledup (OP)
E85 veteran
Administrator

Buy/Sell Feedback: 0
HP: 10000/621616 [?]
I got another modified exhaust ticket. I am disappointed with APD

We went to Taco Cabana to get a late night snack and on the way back I was going to take the long route. I got another exhaust ticket. I was going about 35 mph @ 2000 rpm not making much noise at all when a cop pulled out of a parking lot to chase me. I am really disappointed in APD right now, I think the city has bigger problems to work out and they waste their resources. So now I need to fight another super vague law that is obviously nothing more then a money making scheme. Hurray for APD out there protecting and serving the community.

I am getting to old to fight this bs and I don't know what to do anymore.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1997 Alpine Silver 6-Speed GT42 5.9 60-130
2004 WRB WRX STi
2008 Busa SWB SOLD
2002 Escalade
The Supra in action

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

spooledup is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12/06/09, 04:38 AM   #2 (permalink)
TSC Resident UltiTroll

HP: 10000/2301026 [?]
Garage
Xbox LIVE: 230th
I feel ya. Exhaust tickets suck fat ones for sure.
Old 12/06/09, 04:40 AM   #3 (permalink)

HP: 1317/46389 [?]
That sucks!
95 Chevy Tahoe 4x4
SSx2 is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 12/06/09, 05:23 AM   #4 (permalink)
Hold my beer and watch this!

HP: 3327/147705 [?]
Garage
Xbox LIVE: 116th
Was that you pulled over at wal-greens with two cop behind you? Im sorry to hear that, cops suck!!

LethalSVT is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 12/06/09, 06:39 AM   #5 (permalink)
through the apex

HP: 10000/506838 [?]
Garage
Xbox LIVE: 212th
one of many reasons i dont cruise as much

"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women. "

Pig-STI is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 12/06/09, 06:49 AM   #6 (permalink)
you know you want me!!!

Buy/Sell Feedback: 1
HP: 8319/387448 [?]
Garage
Xbox LIVE: 198th
why i am kinda glad no car worth cruising right now. Those tickets are gay and add up quick.

2005 corvette
2004 SRT-4 (slow slow slow)

2007 GSXR 1000 (little engine work...)sold
2004 HUMMER H2 (fuck gas milage) sold
2008 kawi zx-10r stock I swear.....traded out
2006 cadillac CTS
slowLSx is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 12/06/09, 07:37 AM   #7 (permalink)
Praying for TSC

HP: 10000/897703 [?]
Hey Cis I understand your frustration dude. I showed you the law right outta the books so you were aware of it. It's not a money making scheme. If that law was not in effect, people would be doing whatever they wanted with their exhausts and we wouldn't be able to sleep peacefully at night cuz all the dang noise. One thing I have noticed though is if you take a car with a modified exhuast out on a Friday or Saturday night, your chances for getting stopped increase significantly so pls keep that in mind.
"For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul?" -Matthew 16:26

TSC- Trust the fanatics with your car, not with your sister.
The Peoples Champion is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 12/06/09, 08:07 AM   #8 (permalink)
Life begins at 135mph..

HP: 10000/621579 [?]
Garage
you need to hang out at the donut shop and make friends with them first before you go cruising.
MCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 12/06/09, 08:11 AM   #9 (permalink)
Do you even lift?

HP: 10000/1066099 [?]
Garage
Xbox LIVE: 101st
That sucks Cisco, I got pulled over on my Birthday in Rio Rancho, once the cop saw it was my birthday on my license he let me go... I guess I got lucky...

I have only gotten 1 exhaust ticket in the Camaro, but it was dismissed, I don't know if its the big tip on your car or what, but cops seem to go after the import guys a lot more.

SINISTER is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 12/06/09, 08:16 AM   #10 (permalink)
3rd Gear

HP: 5443/252152 [?]
Originally Posted by FTP7777 View Post
Hey Cis I understand your frustration dude. I showed you the law right outta the books so you were aware of it. It's not a money making scheme. If that law was not in effect, people would be doing whatever they wanted with their exhausts and we wouldn't be able to sleep peacefully at night cuz all the dang noise. One thing I have noticed though is if you take a car with a modified exhuast out on a Friday or Saturday night, your chances for getting stopped increase significantly so pls keep that in mind.

Not a money making scheme? Give me a break, most of these newer laws are just that, and in addition take away more of our freedoms.
They can take their modified exhaust, seat belt, and emissions laws and shove them right up their ass!

IronMan is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 12/06/09, 08:23 AM   #11 (permalink)

HP: 1317/46389 [?]
Originally Posted by FTP7777 View Post
You have to look at the people who actually push the bill for this law to be in place. They're not car enthusiasts. And, it's ok for a Harley to have as loud or louder exhaust? He can rev the motor all day long and not get a ticket. I know, it's considered a safety feature. It's not fair!

Are you a cop?
95 Chevy Tahoe 4x4
SSx2 is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 12/06/09, 08:29 AM   #12 (permalink)
Overboosted

HP: 5156/233493 [?]
Garage
Sucks Cisco. I hate how the law allows for anyone to be ticketed as long as the officer "thinks the exhaust it louder than normal". The fun part about Cisco getting exhaust tickets is I'm pretty sure he has a factory accessory TRD exhaust, so technically it IS NOT modified, but stock. This was the same reason I kept the SaabSport exhaust on my old Saab, it was a factory accessory and technically stock. That, and it was flow tested to out flow 3" straight pipe. Never got any tickets in that car, but the car didn't attract much attention and cops weren't hunting for reasons to get you as much back then.

Cambi is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 12/06/09, 08:39 AM   #13 (permalink)
3rd Gear

HP: 5514/255203 [?]
Garage
I got pulled over the other night for foglights (bunch of bs), he was writing me a ticket then got a call. He ran to my truck, gave me my license and said, "Get the hell out of here!" He then left spinning and fishtailing everywhere (is that professional?). Now to the topic, I have 4 inch straigt turbo back exhaust on my duramax (it's not very loud, just sounds like a jet), he asked me right away if that was the factory exhaust, I said, "Yes sir, just added a tip." Anyway he went to the back and observed it and I guess he decided it was factory. Good luck Cisco, things like this are just APD having nothing better to do, oh and to generate some good income from it.

C5 zo6- Sold
Zack is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 12/06/09, 08:51 AM   #14 (permalink)
3rd Gear

HP: 1026/36982 [?]
modified exhaust tickets are a joke i got one a while back good luck

10.686 @ 127.98
2012 powerstroke on 40's

2007 gsxr1000

1evilgoat is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 12/06/09, 09:02 AM   #15 (permalink)
4th Gear

HP: 10000/1012441 [?]
Garage
My truck when I had stacks in it was really loud. It was 5 inch from the turbo to the bed kit where then it went to 6 inch. It was so loud I could not stand it I had to take it off I was pulled over for a plate cover and never anything about the pipes coming out the bed. I have noticed that the imports with huge tips get most of the shit for it . it much less hassle to to get a receipt thats its fixed, unless it is a trd exhaust and is legal in which case I would fight it again and when its dismissed have the judge sign a letter telling the next cop it is legal blah blah blah and keep it in the car good luck
SLO-SS is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page

Quick Reply
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TrueStreetCars.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Username:
Password
Enter a password for your account. Passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Re-enter Password:
Email Address
Enter your email address.
Email Address:
Spam Account Filter
Enter only the capital letters from these words: LET it EaT aT tX2K12
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. | Questions | Contact Us | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy