roll racing association - Page 3 - TrueStreetCars.com
Forgot?
Create Account >> Home Forums Pictures Vendors Garage Today's Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

LinkBack (2) Thread Tools
Old 01/09/10, 12:24 AM   #31 (permalink)
Banned

Buy/Sell Feedback: 0
HP: 6603/301381 [?]
Hell yeah that was a pretty sick video. That white turbo C6 got sideways on the highway, damn that was pretty crazy! That compound turbo 300zx was pretty quick too, and on a 2JZ-GE!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
HattoriHanzo is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01/09/10, 06:06 AM   #32 (permalink)
TSC Resident UltiTroll

HP: 10000/2301026 [?]
Garage
Xbox LIVE: 232nd
Fuck parts, I break motors.
Old 01/09/10, 07:48 AM   #33 (permalink)

HP: 1442/57961 [?]
Garage
Xbox LIVE: 18th
The only thing that bothers me about roll racing is that it takes the driver out of the equation. I like to think that winning is a race is partially because of your car, and the driver. When you beat a car, it's cool because you helped make that happen. It's especially fun when you beat a car that's faster, because you were better than that guy that day, in spite of him having an advantage over you.

It is a little easier for a stalled auto to launch better, because your rpms go up so much faster, but it's not necessarily that they hook better. I've let other people drive my car (even on DR's), and completely fail at launching, it still takes some skill to launch a stalled auto. Especially if you're on street tires.

Everyone has their excuses though, of course stalled auto's don't like to roll race because it puts them at a disadvantage over going from a dig. A manual guy will complain about tires, or 10 bolt. I figure if you have a weak link in your car, that's your fault you built it up that way. If you go for all power and drive around with shit tires, it's not my fault you can't hook unless you go from a roll, or are afraid to break your rear because you can't launch right or didn't want to upgrade it.

Now I'm not saying that roll racing is retarded, it's fun. I like to roll race, my car does good from a roll, better from a dig, but it's fine from a roll. But if you're going to decide who is faster, than it should be done from a dig. Roll racing is just for fun, imo. The launch can be the deciding factor for the winner, and it takes a lot of skill to get it just right, and when you take that out, it's just not the same.

On a side note, it's funny now that people know what a stalled auto is, people don't like to race from a dig. I remember when all I had to do was tell someone mine was auto and if they had a manual they'd always think they were going to win automatically, even if it was a 15 sec car, lol. Now if I tell people I have a stall, and what size it is, they refuse to even race at all from a dig, sometimes even from 20-30 roll, lol.

Pretty cool video though, the flames coming out that vettes exhaust were awesome.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1998 Camaro B4C
lid, exhaust, Custom Torque Converter by Gary Gonzales

300whp/312tq SAE
13.01@104 w/1.76 60ft
Muerte_X is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 01/09/10, 08:35 AM   #34 (permalink)
Winning
Administrator

HP: 10000/1290779 [?]
Garage
Originally Posted by gsmopar View Post
Roll racing is for "10 second cars" that can't hook, miss a gear, poopras, no traction, fastest bla bla bla with a 6-speed... Make fun of my big tires all you want. Pick a stop light and bring it!
lol any car that dead hooks on the street is probably a slow car anyway. I'll bring some 275 drag RADIALS to your stop light. You may get me for about 30ft, but I invite you to watch the show as I skate by and continue to put bus lengths on you while still hazing the tires at 140+.
TRMIN8R is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 01/09/10, 08:48 AM   #35 (permalink)
E85 veteran
Administrator

HP: 10000/621616 [?]
Originally Posted by Muerte_X View Post
The only thing that bothers me about roll racing is that it takes the driver out of the equation.
Just as much as putting an automatic. Driving a car that spins tires because of power and not just launching it to hard is a much different game.

1997 Alpine Silver 6-Speed GT42 5.9 60-130
2004 WRB WRX STi
2008 Busa SWB SOLD
2002 Escalade
The Supra in action

spooledup is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 01/09/10, 09:04 AM   #36 (permalink)
Winning
Administrator

Garage
Just what do you have to "drive" in an electronic automatic car? Stab and steer is all you do.
Old 01/09/10, 10:56 AM   #37 (permalink)
Old slow and broke

HP: 6884/322579 [?]
Garage
Originally Posted by TRMIN8R View Post
Just what do you have to "drive" in an electronic automatic car? Stab and steer is all you do.

That's the point isn't it?
gsmopar is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 01/09/10, 11:27 AM   #38 (permalink)
Winning
Administrator

Garage
That's the point isn't it?
If that's the point, I don't wanna hear about how good of a driver someone is. Anyone can push the gas pedal and go straight.
Old 01/09/10, 02:37 PM   #39 (permalink)
Old slow and broke

Garage
If that's the point, I don't wanna hear about how good of a driver someone is. Anyone can push the gas pedal and go straight.
No argument there! Ken Block skills are not need on the drag strip.
Old 01/09/10, 04:07 PM   #40 (permalink)
TSC Resident UltiTroll

HP: 10000/2301026 [?]
Garage
Xbox LIVE: 232nd
lol any car that dead hooks on the street is probably a slow car anyway. I'll bring some 275 drag RADIALS to your stop light. You may get me for about 30ft, but I invite you to watch the show as I skate by and continue to put bus lengths on you while still hazing the tires at 140+.
Old 01/09/10, 04:56 PM   #41 (permalink)
9 Second Street Machine

Buy/Sell Feedback: 1
HP: 10000/1432563 [?]
Originally Posted by 01smokes View Post
Shit i would drag that BIG TIRE car sideways down the road dig or roll on a 5'' tire
I bet you wouldn't drag this big tire car sideways down the road from either.

Bad Ass Street Car!!!
Pro_Street_Vega is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 01/09/10, 05:55 PM   #42 (permalink)
DROP WEIGHT!!!

HP: 10000/871643 [?]
Damn i just watched that vid, thats se good shit right there..

A STREET CAR
Any car driven on the street. Most people use it when talking about cars that are built to race but are still driven on the street.Doesn't matter luxery/stripped interior/whatever. If its registered/plates/"legal" than its a street car.
01ws6 is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 01/10/10, 09:02 AM   #43 (permalink)
Old slow and broke

Garage
I'm up for it. Loser buys the first round. I've got a nice little section of abandoned road (4-lanes, 2 miles long) by the house.

I'm trying to get my pig tech legal by the end of Feb. NHRA is at Firebird 19 - 21. They prep the crap out of the track for the event, and the following weekend is usually packed for the "Street Drags" on Friday night. If you want to see what your car can really do; this would be a good/cheap weekend for it!

Later,

Greg
Old 01/10/10, 10:10 AM   #44 (permalink)
Winning
Administrator

Garage
No argument there! Ken Block skills are not need on the drag strip.
We're not talking about the drag strip! The street is a whole different ball game...
Old 01/10/10, 10:14 AM   #45 (permalink)
Winning
Administrator

Garage
I'm up for it. Loser buys the first round. I've got a nice little section of abandoned road (4-lanes, 2 miles long) by the house.

I'm trying to get my pig tech legal by the end of Feb. NHRA is at Firebird 19 - 21. They prep the crap out of the track for the event, and the following weekend is usually packed for the "Street Drags" on Friday night. If you want to see what your car can really do; this would be a good/cheap weekend for it!

Later,

Greg
Well I'm putting my cage in right now and will have to cert it in March, so I can't run it on the track until after March. But I may make the trip after it's cert'd. Then I'll put a few busses on you on the street, then a few football fields on you at the track

Quick Reply
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TrueStreetCars.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Username:
Password
Enter a password for your account. Passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Re-enter Password:
Email Address
Enter your email address.
Email Address:
Spam Account Filter
Enter only the capital letters from these words: LET it EaT aT tX2K12
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://truestreetcars.com/forums/pics-videos/5674-roll-racing-association.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
MOFO-700hp Cobra,S/C'd C6,Turbo 99GT and more..- Video This thread Refback 01/11/10 09:54 AM 1
Roll Racing-23 1000whp C6, Compound turbo 700+ whp- Video This thread Refback 01/08/10 07:10 PM 3

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. | Questions | Contact Us | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy