So we're about ready to get back to work. We're changing a few things for the better, and more parts have been ordered.
I spoke with Joe and we're going to clear the Traction Bars and Panhard Rod.
He decided he wants to make sure the steering is in good order, to go along with refurbishing everything else, so we're going to order up a new Flaming River quick-ratio, manual, steering box. We've also ordered a Rollerized Idler Arm from Opentracker Racing Products.
Suspension wise we've ordered the Bilsteins in favor of the the KYB's and a pair of Rollerized Spring Perches built by F15Falcon. We've also ordered a 1-piece Heavy Duty Export Brace, and a Curved Monte Carlo Bar.
Joe has also made the call to go with a rear disc brake conversion kit. and the wheel choice will be Vintage Wheel Works - Vintage 45's in 16"x8" front and rear.
Hopefully I'll start posting more pics in a couple of weeks.
Finally got around to doing some of the dirty work and painted/undercoated a fenderwell. Came out pretty good...at least a lot better than before.
I am going to box the LCA and repaint it, drill the UCA drop, and then I will assemble the new suspension goodies and the new disc brakes.
I also cleaned and painted the crossmember, spindle, and strut rod.
Speaking of the strut rod, I might still have to work on Joe to let me build an adjustable version with the rod end mount. For now, we have urethane bushings going into the front and rubber on the back. The idea is that the urethane bushing minimizes compression of the bushing during hard braking, and the rubber bushing allows more flex during suspension travel.