Checked fitment/clearances on caliper bracket (probably will paint black since haven't torqued them down yet) and dust shield. Had my little helper shadowing me so, didn't really get too far last night. Painted the green calipers black with caliper paint.
Also finished up the rear Spring Perch which is now the axle mount for the Panhard Bar as well as the Traction Bar. The tabs on the top side of the perch fit the spring to minimize shifting of the perch/mount from the side loads of the Panhard Bar...otherwise it's all on the U-bolts which I think would tend to shift a little. I stole this idea from pictures of the perch in the Maier kit...
Hope to install the rotor/hub, caliper and brake line tonight.
So I reinjured my rotator cuff and as a result progress has slowed a little, but I'm still making progress...
Got the Bilstein shock dropped in and painted the green caliper brackets with black caliper paint, as well as fitting up the 1-piece Export Brace and Curved Monte Carlo Bar.
Also yanked the rear drums and went ahead and pulled the 8" out to make it pretty as it looks kind of funny with everything else all shiny and new looking. After I clean it up I'll hopefully button up and finalize all of the rear suspension. So there will be some after pics to come of all of that hopefully next week.
Subframe connectors and front traction bar mount all painted up.
Also, with the axle pulled I got some different angles of the chassis mount for the Panhard Bar setup.
And last, but definitely not least, Tio Leo stopped by on his way to AZ and insisted on doing some more work, so we boxed the passenger side LCA. We also added some weld to the axle spring perches...will post those pics later when I finish cleaning up the axle.
Got the rear suspension cleaned up and put back together. I held out on posting pics, because Joe was in town this weekend, and I wanted him to see it in person first...I think he likes it.
Painted the axle housing, will finish the 3rd member in 'cast iron' when I pull it to change out the diff, gears, and axles. Then I cleaned and cleared the traction bars and Panhard bar with wheel clearcoat...I think it looks pretty good.
Haven't installed the new Bilsteins yet, but that's no biggie. Have a new vent tube kit waiting to be installed, and still need to order the rear disc brake conversion.
When we get the wheels we'll look into whether or not a 1" lowering block will be necessary. Otherwise, this stuff is there to stay.
OK, so it's been a little while since my last update. Parts were ordered and more progress will come in the near future.
Fuel system updates include:
New QFT Black Diamond 680cfm vacuum secondary carb w/ electric choke, 1/2" 4-hole phenolic spacer, -6AN fancy braided fuel lines and pressure gauge. Notice the welded on Export Brace firewall support...thanks again to Tio Leo.
Also ordered Vintage Wheel Works V45 16"x8" wheels...on backorder until some time next month. Joe opted to go with plain billet cap covers from Scott Drake as well.