1968 ss camaro-sold
1996 cobra-12.16@118 To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. -sold
1999 z28 camaro-sold
1999 trans am-sold
1998 trans am-fully built 347 h/c/I 6 speed-sold
1986 Buick grand national-R.I.P To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
1987 mustang 76mm-sold
2003 cobra built 284/th400/twin billet 67s/sra/fuel
2008 Mercedes c300/panorama
1968 chevelle 355 H/C/I built th400(project)
1967 Fastback Mustang-stock (project) To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Made a little progress this weekend. Joe came to town and we got a little work done in my cold garage.
Put the CSRP front brake kit on. What seemed like a simple install turned into a little bit of a headache. Had the caliper bracket and dust shield installed, but when we went to mount the rotor/hub, it would not seat all the way (couldn't thread the spindle nut in far enough to put the pin in the without a strange grinding/bind). Turns out the back of the hub/seal was contacting the caliper bracket. The castings were off center around the spindle opening, so I had to take my die grinder and work over both caliper brackets.
Then the passenger side dust shield does not clear the caliper enough to get the caliper on without some clearancing of the dust shield.
We also managed to rip out the old steering box to make way for the new Flaming River unit.
Anyway, here's a pic of the completed driver's side front suspension with the 4-piston Kelsey-Hayes disc brake conversion finally installed.
With this extremely nice February weather I have had to wander into the garage and tinker...even warm enough to paint a little.
Not too much to tell really, but got a little bit done.
Clearanced the dust shield and finally got the caliper mounted.
Since I pulled the steering and everything associated to it, I saw a nice upgrade to the pedal support I thought I'd throw in, so I ordered a bearing kit from Mustang Steve and pulled the pedal support too. Welded in the race, painted it all up and slapped in the sealed bearing.
The bearing does more for manual trans cars, but it's the same support and my thinking is it will be ready to go if Joe ever decides to toss the C4 in favor of a trans with a shifter sticking out of it. He says he won't, but...
I also thought a new brake pedal pad was appropriate seeing as the car has gone from drums to discs all around.
The one thing missing is the rubber stop at the top of the pedal arm...can't find a new one of those anywhere.
Just for giggles here's a couple pics of the Flaming River steering box. Everything I've read about those that have used this piece has been very positive as far as tightening up the steering. This, in combination with the roller bearing idler arm setup and believe it or not, the rollerized spring perches, is all supposed to help out the manual steering on these cars significantly.
Bitch of it is, Joe and I cut the shaft to get the stock one out. Gotta pull the entire driver's side motor mount assembly off to get the new one in. Not too big of a deal at this stage really, but...