Got the Griffin aluminum radiator (1" core) from Cobra Automotive, along with the miscellaneous other cooling system parts.
What's different is the 15" nylon fan and aluminum shroud (some assembly required).
Gotta figure out a way to do the shroud up right. I do not like the setup of bolting it all together with the little strap pieces that come with it as a "kit". Gotta either get setup to weld thin aluminum, or prep it all and find someone who can just stitch weld it together for me.
Got a few more parts in, including a new steering wheel. It's the basic Grant mustang wheel, but the price was right, it is real wood (walnut I think), has a thicker grip, and I liked it after having finally seen one in person at the Father's Day car show in Edgewood.
Also finally coated the headers and X-pipe with VHT (primer, flat silver, and clear).
Also found a new rubber brake pedal stop from NPD. The original was rotted out and nobody made or carried this part...I contacted everyone from Scott Drake to NPD looking for the replacement. So I was contemplating carving up a piece of a urethane bushing, then I got the new catalog from NPD just before Christmas, and looky who's making them now.
The big concern here is that supposedly, without the stop, the pedal can pull the pedal push rod from the master cylinder...basically rendering the brake system useless. At approximately 7/8" of an inch, it's pretty easy to understand. A lot of fuss for a $2.50 part.
Joe came out and we got some work done this weekend; swapped out the 4 leaf, standard-eye springs for 4-1/2 leaf, reverse-eye springs, and cut another 1/4 coil for a total of 1/2 coil removed up front.
The reverse-eye springs are supposed to provide roughly a 1-1/2" drop, but it is nowhere near that dramatic, yet. The 4-1/2 leaf ups the spring rate by 10 lbs. to 175 lbs. I'm sure there will be some settling, but the fender-to-tire gap is greatly improved.