2001 Corvette D1SC install - Page 4 - TrueStreetCars.com
Forgot?
Create Account >> Home Forums Pictures Vendors Garage Today's Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11/13/13, 01:52 PM   #46 (permalink)
Haters Drive Me

Buy/Sell Feedback: 1
HP: 10000/827089 [?]
Originally Posted by chicago1 View Post
That's what Troy and I said but Josh at A&A and othesr say it doesn't matter as long as the ribs match up when stood up like above. That you measure flat like that not on hub..Doesn't make sense to me..Especially that it's also falling short on the ps and alternator side. I got the stock balancer I'll press it on tonight or tommorow and see whats really going on. I may need to borrow that pin jig again if I go with a stock balance please.
Not a problem you've got my #.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pic Curtesy of Weston
2008 Whippled Corvette Albuquerque's fastest C6. Under construction.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

10.8311@131.12 1.66 60ft TSC's Fastest Manual Transmission Corvette
Link to 10 second video.
SYCHO is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11/15/13, 12:18 AM   #47 (permalink)
chicago1 (OP)

HP: 10000/854225 [?]
Here are my laser findings. First this thing is awesome I thought my sc and idler pulley where dead on with the level...These seem spot on

So what I did was from the alternator to the ps..that's no good?

Now I did the power steering to the balancer..

See how it's in that 4th rib in should be in that third peak like the ps and alternator. ..So I would assume move the ps out a few mm correct??? BUT

SO now I take the laser and put it on the balancer and aim in at the ps pulley. This is looking up from the bottom. It looks good from the bottom

Now here is where I get confused and maybe I'm not thinking correctly.So if I moved the ps out then I would be off the peak but when you do it from the top I'm off a whole rib. What am I missing here?

SO why would one work and not the other. Where am I going dumb on this?? SO either I get that balancer in more or somehow get the ps moved out due to the top pic but when taken from the bottom it seems even??

I guess these are the same..First is before I pulled anything out..I can't recall if that crank pinning has a lip and the crank pulley does not sit flush

as opposed to how I have it now(its at 240)

01 Vette
91 GVR-4 #86/2000

I bring nothing to the table..
chicago1 is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 11/15/13, 09:27 AM   #48 (permalink)
chicago1 (OP)

So I came to the conclusion that it was operator error. I didn't need take the balancer out. It was dead on. My ps pump is recessed in 1 rib to much(ls2 pulley) so yeah I'm a idiot...So I rented the Chrysler pulley and ps puller and going to correct my mistakes. Lets hope that fixes the issue if not then it's time to play with shims and what not on the bracket. Oh well live and learn baby

01 Vette
91 GVR-4 #86/2000

Old 11/15/13, 12:52 PM   #49 (permalink)
chicago1 (OP)

Fuck me sideways..

I removed the ps pulley and pump

This is what is throwing me off..So from the top of alternator to the balancer it's dead on..From the balancer to the alternator it's off a rib wtf? Why wouldn't they match up?..Same thing from the top of the ps pulley to the balancer it was off one rib then from the bottom of the balancer to the ps pulley it was dead on...Shouldn't they be the same top and bottom? So confused

This is from the alternator to the balancer...boom dead on..

Now you you do it from the bottom of the balancer to the alternator pulley it's off a rib..I took two pics..These show that the alternator pulley needs to go in more. odd I never touched the pulley on the alternator. I didn't think the alternator pulley could go in more or seen anyone run into this..It ran fine stock and no element changed from the alternator pulley..

01 Vette
91 GVR-4 #86/2000

Old 11/15/13, 03:04 PM   #50 (permalink)
chicago1 (OP)

Good news I think. Again I aimed it from the sc pulley to idler and no issues and vice versa dead on. I shot it from the crank to the fixed idler on bracket and dead on. I am going to shoot from the crank to the sc pulley now..Seems like my issue is with the ps/alternator side.

edit. I checked the crank pulley to the sc pulley and dead on. Definitely on the ps/alternator side

01 Vette
91 GVR-4 #86/2000

Old 11/15/13, 05:22 PM   #51 (permalink)
M0DM0T0R

HP: 10000/897627 [?]
Garage
Im guessing your car was made on a monday by some lazy guy who was hung over. Its possible its always been off that much and it may not even matter. They can be off a little and it wont affect them, as long as the belt doesnt shred like it did before. Try installing a belt and see what happens.
06 Lexus IS350- Daily
90 Talon TSI 460 AWHP uncorrected-SOLD
Dark Star is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 11/15/13, 06:15 PM   #52 (permalink)
chicago1 (OP)

Originally Posted by Dark Star View Post
Im guessing your car was made on a monday by some lazy guy who was hung over. .
I must be related to him for sure..

That's the issue I am off. These things have to be dead on or all hell breaks loose like the issues I having. I may have solved it just need confirmation on the way the laser sits in the middle if it's supposed to be on the second or third rib peak farthest from the block?? Either I found the issue or I have lots of shims to add...

01 Vette
91 GVR-4 #86/2000

Last edited by chicago1 on 11/15/13 at 08:11 PM
Old 11/15/13, 08:50 PM   #53 (permalink)
chicago1 (OP)

Maybe I'm off I don't know but I have the laser pointed like this...

it hits this rib it's the second peak rib..

Is that good or I'm a whole rib off and should be one to the left?
I have a bad feeling the sc side is off one whole rib and when its in the middle it should hit the 3rd peak. Hopefully someone says I'm wrong..

01 Vette
91 GVR-4 #86/2000

Old 11/16/13, 10:34 AM   #54 (permalink)
chicago1 (OP)

Update according to that pic I am off actually a whole rib .125" so I need spacers in the fixed idler and sc pulley. The other side needs the ps pushed out and the bracket smoothed out

01 Vette
91 GVR-4 #86/2000

Old 11/16/13, 08:12 PM   #55 (permalink)
chicago1 (OP)

PS/Alternator side fixed..

So I added another shim that was .125 and I need to go a tad smaller maybe .062 I'm to far in and now I'm hitting the waterpump. I have another wp that's been grinded down on the exterior but I think if I move it out that .062 I should be gtg..

This is the other wp that has been smoothed out it's not on my car just showing you

you can see the second washer added and you can see I need to go back out to line up with the crank..barely off

looking up I'm all the way to the left of the crank pulley..

I need to be on that second peak so I need to come out towards the front of the car..

01 Vette
91 GVR-4 #86/2000

Old 11/16/13, 08:17 PM   #56 (permalink)
Warp Drive

Buy/Sell Feedback: 2
HP: 10000/1540538 [?]
Hope you get it man so you can focus on getting it tuned and enjoying it Shant. Seems like it's been a long road

True friends recommend good tuners!
*Give or take a few hp/tq*
Haters drive you? Weird I thought it was my dick since you have it in your mouth non stop
CruseMissle is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 11/16/13, 09:13 PM   #57 (permalink)
Haters Drive Me

HP: 10000/827089 [?]
I'm glad you're getting things worked out. It'll be worth it in the end.

Pic Curtesy of Weston
2008 Whippled Corvette Albuquerque's fastest C6. Under construction.

10.8311@131.12 1.66 60ft TSC's Fastest Manual Transmission Corvette
Link to 10 second video.
SYCHO is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 11/16/13, 09:21 PM   #58 (permalink)
chicago1 (OP)

Thanks gents. the taking everything apart is my bad technically I just needed to add some shims and re torque that ps bracket and push the ps pulley out. Maybe a few hours worth of work. I have to put the rack and everything back together now. It's been interesting I'll say. I just hope these fixes fixes the main issue I had with the belt if not well I'll be lost more than I am now lol.

01 Vette
91 GVR-4 #86/2000

Old 11/29/13, 11:53 AM   #59 (permalink)
chicago1 (OP)

Well since I'm not in a rush I talked to tcruse and a few others and I might as well take my time now. Looks like I am going to cam it I'm going with a stage 3 blower cam from Arun at CCP it's a 230/242 .609/.615 115+3. Ill post pics once I start tearing into it next week. Ill order the cam in February when I get my bonus after I recoupe after Christmas.

Also I'm going to take these pieces to Diamond Detail and see what he can do for me..

This is a spare that I had laying around don't mibd the glue. I had another shop try to wrap it in a silver carbon fiber. it came out horrible so I got my money back. Said it had to many curves??? yet they wrap cars?? Fail

I just added the padded armrest awhile back Cibola interior did it for me came out nice

01 Vette
91 GVR-4 #86/2000

Old 11/29/13, 12:03 PM   #60 (permalink)
Warp Drive

Buy/Sell Feedback: 2
HP: 10000/1540538 [?]
Originally Posted by chicago1 View Post
Well since I'm not in a rush I talked to tcruse and a few others and I might as well take my time now. Looks like I am going to cam it I'm going with a stage 3 blower cam from Arun at CCP it's a 230/242 .609/.615 115+3. Ill post pics once I start tearing into it next week. Ill order the cam in February when I get my bonus after I recoupe after Christmas.

Also I'm going to take these pieces to Diamond Detail and see what he can do for me..

[click to view quoted image]

This is a spare that I had laying around don't mibd the glue. I had another shop try to wrap it in a silver carbon fiber. it came out horrible so I got my money back. Said it had to many curves??? yet they wrap cars?? Fail

I just added the padded armrest awhile back Cibola interior did it for me came out nice

I'm still gonna try finding someone to leather wrap my center piece!

True friends recommend good tuners!
*Give or take a few hp/tq*
Haters drive you? Weird I thought it was my dick since you have it in your mouth non stop
CruseMissle is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page

Quick Reply
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TrueStreetCars.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Username:
Password
Enter a password for your account. Passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Re-enter Password:
Email Address
Enter your email address.
Email Address:
Spam Account Filter
Enter only the capital letters from these words: LET it EaT aT tX2K12
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. | Questions | Contact Us | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy