new build, 85 elco - TrueStreetCars.com
Forgot?
Create Account >> Home Forums Pictures Vendors Garage Today's Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01/04/16, 11:26 PM   #1 (permalink)

Buy/Sell Feedback: 0
HP: 0/5000 [?]
new build, 85 elco

Hey y'all. Finally bought one of my childhood dream cars, and I've decided that I wanna go drag car with it. Now for the most part, I know how to make the motor fast, what I don't know is how to get all that power down on the pavement. It's an 85 as Camino. Mostly stock besides motor, tranny and exhaust. If anyone could give me a few pointers to send me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.
rustyelco85 is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01/05/16, 07:59 AM   #2 (permalink)
Obamanos

HP: 10000/567992 [?]
Xbox LIVE: 80th
Just add as much nawzzzzz as you can. And put on the biggest tires you can run. Should be fast!

The Engine That Accelerates A Given Load Fastest From Point A To Point B Wins....Regardless Of Horsepower

2006 scion xB 5speed 94hp corrected...
06smokes is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 01/05/16, 07:43 PM   #3 (permalink)

HP: 0/5000 [?]
Well that was the plan. But I'm not sure what I should Do with my rear suspension. Would I be fine Keeping it with the stock coils or should I switch it up to something different? The front I have no worries about. I plan to just swap out the old heavy steel with light weight parts. Just not sure what to do, never gone this deep on building a drag car
rustyelco85 is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page

Old 01/06/16, 03:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
Obamanos

HP: 10000/567992 [?]
Xbox LIVE: 80th
That 7.5"rear will shit the bed before you need suspension parts. Just put a good set of tire under it and add power.

The Engine That Accelerates A Given Load Fastest From Point A To Point B Wins....Regardless Of Horsepower

2006 scion xB 5speed 94hp corrected...
06smokes is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page

Quick Reply
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TrueStreetCars.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Username:
Password
Enter a password for your account. Passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Re-enter Password:
Email Address
Enter your email address.
Email Address:
Spam Account Filter
Enter only the capital letters from these words: LET it EaT aT tX2K12
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. | Questions | Contact Us | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy