STREET CAR VS RACE CAR TAG!!!!WHAT DO YOU THINK??? - TrueStreetCars.com
Forgot?
Create Account >> Home Forums Pictures Vendors Garage Today's Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11/12/15, 07:25 AM   #1 (permalink)
THATBEEM (OP)
HAW-HIGH ALTITUDE WHIPS

Buy/Sell Feedback: 0
HP: 500/20312 [?]
Garage
Xbox LIVE: 145th
STREET CAR VS RACE CAR TAG!!!!WHAT DO YOU THINK???

Gonna mix it up, Stir the pot, All in good fun

I want to get everyone’s input about, what makes a street car vs race car tag? (Name)

By dot rules

Generally, “street legal” means having whatever equipment or features the law would require to allow one to operate it legally on the roads at any time and without restriction. Obviously, it is possible to operate vehicles on the road with special permission under certain circumstances, but this is not what one usually means by “street legal,” so we will ignore those scenarios for now.

Horn – It may not seem the most important piece of safety equipment, and many big cities even limit how it can be used,

Engine Hood – It may be surprising that having a hood is mandatory to be street legal, but it is. Indeed, even the hood scoops or air intakes on the hood are regulated and can be no more than 4 inches higher than hood surface in most jurisdictions.

Windshield – Another mandatory item, though this one is easier to understand

Windshield Wipers – This is another obvious need, particularly when driving in rain or snow.

Mirrors – Requirements for mirrors vary by vehicle design, but usually the bare minimum will be two mirrors.

Seat Belts – Every state requires the use of seat belts when operating or riding in a motor vehicle, so, of course, their inclusion in the equipment of a vehicle is mandatory.

Brakes – Again, this is a no-brainer for the most part. The added twist many do not consider is it is also necessary to have a functioning parking brake.

Mufflers and Exhaust/Emission Control Systems – Some drivers dislike exhaust and emission control systems because they can have a negative effect on engine performance.

Lights – To comply with the Department of Transportation's requirements, every vehicle must have headlights, tail lights, stop lights, and turn signals, all housed in DOT approved covers and using approved bulbs.

License Plate – Every vehicle has to have a spot to carry a license plate, and that location must be lit.

Reflectors – If you have ever spotted a car parked on the side of the road even though its lights were off, it was thanks to reflectors.

Bumpers – One of the first safety measures, and still required in all vehicles.

Well with that said guess my car is out of the question street car lol . (Low,exhust loud, no Windshield Wipers, hood cowl is 8inches tall etc.
But lets get real…. Make a real street car checklist

I’ll start with what I think is street car tag in performance world.

#1 Pump gas -if you can get it from a pump locality

#2 Dot tires Drag Radials yes –NO slicks becuz they not DOT approved, if they are will say DOT on tire.

#3 Glass windows- not plex or lex

#4 Registered and insured

#5 still oem frame or structure -not back/halfed or tube frame

6# can drive it around place to place with out cool down time (overheating issues)

#7 of course no trailer needed to go places. Within reason don’t get me wrong trailer to track just in case you break good idea LOL

#8 And normal minimum road needs- lights, turn signals,

IMO- Black Market cars (overseas), motor swaps, turbos, superchargers NOS, Loud sounds (exhaust/Bov turbo supercharger sounds), no Windshield Wipers or A/C-heaters, or striped interior, Roll Cage, Shute, no horn , Low height, tall height, tires kinda stick out from fenders, and no radio Ect. NOT A BIG DEAL and DO NOT IMO classifies as a race car.

Last edited by THATBEEM on 11/12/15 at 08:08 AM Reason: made easier to read
THATBEEM is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11/12/15, 07:29 AM   #2 (permalink)
THATBEEM (OP)
HAW-HIGH ALTITUDE WHIPS

Garage
Remember !! Not started to make people mad or to cause lobby fights just want to bring up a topic that I hear a lot.. and see what people have to say about it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!!!! HAW CAR CLUB @

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

60ft 1.55

1/4 - still waiting

Old 11/12/15, 07:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
StreetRacingSouth

Buy/Sell Feedback: 1
HP: 10000/1076116 [?]
Garage
Man thats to much to read lol

PRDATOR is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page

Old 11/12/15, 07:35 AM   #4 (permalink)
THATBEEM (OP)
HAW-HIGH ALTITUDE WHIPS

Garage
I worked hard on that dam it lol
Old 11/12/15, 07:41 AM   #5 (permalink)
Titan Killer/ Creeper

HP: 10000/2560058 [?]
Garage
cliffnotes?
Enemy is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 11/12/15, 07:45 AM   #6 (permalink)
THATBEEM (OP)
HAW-HIGH ALTITUDE WHIPS

Garage
Originally Posted by Enemy View Post
cliffnotes?

cliffnotes
"I got the cliffnotes." noun. Used to brush people off during a potentially long-winded story or explanation of current events.
When someone is talking or telling you a story and you don't want to hear it, say "Thanks but I have the cliffnotes," to shut them up. This works in many ways, like if someone asks if you've seen a movie, etc., you can say you have the cliffnotes (to the movie). You can experiment and enjoy pissing people off.

LOL that was not the intention?

Last edited by THATBEEM on 11/12/15 at 08:00 AM
Old 11/12/15, 07:48 AM   #7 (permalink)
2nd Gear

HP: 0/245806 [?]
Is the search not working on the site? I think there's about 10 different threads about this already.
stock06sti is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 11/12/15, 07:54 AM   #8 (permalink)
THATBEEM (OP)
HAW-HIGH ALTITUDE WHIPS

Garage
Originally Posted by stock06sti View Post
Is the search not working on the site? I think there's about 10 different threads about this already.
never thought to look, sorry
Old 11/12/15, 07:58 AM   #9 (permalink)
twerk team talent scout

HP: 10000/782151 [?]
Garage
A streetcar is anything you chose to drive on the street. Weather it's legal or not is a different question.

New Build: 402ci, twin 76s, Merica
Almost_There_1 is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 11/12/15, 09:07 AM   #10 (permalink)
Hi my name is

Buy/Sell Feedback: 2
HP: 10000/1734152 [?]
Garage
Xbox LIVE: 11th
Streetcars have mudflaps. end of story....
AngelSpeedFreak is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 11/12/15, 09:08 AM   #11 (permalink)

HP: 706/31360 [?]
Garage
If you can drive it, make back to back runs then its a street car imo
74chevy1ton is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 11/12/15, 12:26 PM   #12 (permalink)

HP: 7250/340142 [?]
Garage
I'm pretty minimalist, so for me it goes like this:

-Drive-able, meaning it only sees a trailer when it breaks

-Registered/insured

-All DOT lighting requirements met (HL,TL,BL,TS, and in NM License plate illuminator bulbs - yes I have gotten a ticket for not having them)

-FRONT glass

To me this is the bare minimum, but I personally prefer a heater, horn, mirrors, winshield wipers, and radials.

Other than that, back halves, tubular front ends, pinned hoods and other glass body work, and even non DOT tires all fly with me if you've got the balls to run it.

Power accessories, power steering, power brakes, stereo systems, air conditioning, etc can all fuck off.

And if you got the coin to keep C16 in your tank, fuck it, run dem dread.

Last edited by 92stroker on 11/12/15 at 01:58 PM
92stroker is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 11/12/15, 01:32 PM   #13 (permalink)
Obamanos

HP: 10000/567992 [?]
Xbox LIVE: 81st
I have no wipers, I can't make back to back hits. It requires maintenance it has a spool in it it's really fucking loud gets like 7mpg. It has no heater or AC

Do I have a street car or a racecar?

The Engine That Accelerates A Given Load Fastest From Point A To Point B Wins....Regardless Of Horsepower

2006 scion xB 5speed 94hp corrected...
06smokes is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 11/12/15, 01:44 PM   #14 (permalink)

HP: 7250/340142 [?]
Garage
Originally Posted by 06smokes View Post
I have no wipers, I can't make back to back hits. It requires maintenance it has a spool in it it's really fucking loud gets like 7mpg. It has no heater or AC

Do I have a street car or a racecar?
Race car for sure...

...na I'm just fucking with you. That's the thing about this topic. The term "street car" is basically undefinable because it's different to everybody. The truth is, this topic usually comes up when someone wants to justify losing to a car with less equipment.

I couldn't begin to count how many times I've seen this topic on all the different car forums I troll, and there's always some die hard Moe who can't lose because none of the cars he races have AC or a stereo.
Old 11/12/15, 01:47 PM   #15 (permalink)
THATBEEM (OP)
HAW-HIGH ALTITUDE WHIPS

Garage
THATS the point !!!!!who is to say!!!! my thought would be street car IMO

Quick Reply
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TrueStreetCars.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Username:
Password
Enter a password for your account. Passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Re-enter Password:
Email Address
Enter your email address.
Email Address:
Spam Account Filter
Enter only the capital letters from these words: LET it EaT aT tX2K12
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. | Questions | Contact Us | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy