*For Sale* 1998 SVT COBRA 510hp Supercharged, Nitrous, Water-Methanol (( PICS )) - Page 2 - TrueStreetCars.com
Forgot?
Create Account >> Home Forums Pictures Vendors Garage Today's Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools
Old 05/21/15, 07:45 AM   #16 (permalink)
FUCK FOURLOKO!!

Buy/Sell Feedback: 1
HP: 10000/2235877 [?]
Garage
Xbox LIVE: 234th
Originally Posted by nmgoodthing View Post
It would do awesome in the slowpoke class

OP- takes about 8500 bucks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Toyota Supra - ProEFI
JEWPRA is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05/21/15, 06:55 PM   #17 (permalink)
Money in the bank

Buy/Sell Feedback: 4
HP: 10000/1969078 [?]
Garage
Jewpra.... answer the question! How much did it cost to get to 1000hp?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
505OUTLAWZ is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 05/21/15, 07:24 PM   #18 (permalink)

HP: 6616/303419 [?]
As far as I can tell he is asking a price that he feels he can get for it. Why does everyone feel obligated to bitch about it? I don't see a gun pointed at you all to purchase it at the asking price even though he has made it clear OBO. No one says you have to offer close to the price. BTW, OBO can include offers above the asking price.

Who says 16k was the right price to sell it last year? Was it purchased for that asking price or for less?

Again as I said a million fucking times before, it is only worth what someone is willing to spend. If he needs the money or takes too long to sell, he'll adjust it.

Now where are all the real buyers?
ICBM is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 05/21/15, 09:12 PM   #19 (permalink)
LS Junkie

HP: 10000/840355 [?]
Garage
I was on my way to look and buy this car years ago from "Vivacious"?. I was to late, wingman beat me to it. I love this car! I must say back then the price was much different...

02 Camaro TSP 408, FTI TH400, MWC FAB 9 and some dope
Tuned by Sean at solid tech. 2013&2015 AOCO BigBoy champ
10.49 in ABQ might be the fastest full wieght 4th gen fbody in NM left? Prove me wrong...
DansAm is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 05/22/15, 05:37 AM   #20 (permalink)
Mato Cucarachas

Buy/Sell Feedback: 3
HP: 10000/1277519 [?]
Originally Posted by ICBM View Post
As far as I can tell he is asking a price that he feels he can get for it. Why does everyone feel obligated to bitch about it? I don't see a gun pointed at you all to purchase it at the asking price even though he has made it clear OBO. No one says you have to offer close to the price. BTW, OBO can include offers above the asking price.
He can ask whatever the hell he wants - you are right. But when you're in a small community-based site like this (not Craigslist), flipping for a profit breaks some unwritten rules and gives the green light for people to shit on your thread all day long.

You shouldn't feel obligated to bitch about those who feel obligated to bitch.
Old 05/22/15, 08:48 AM   #21 (permalink)
StreetRacingSouth

HP: 10000/1076116 [?]
Garage
And no one can be obligated not to bitch about the price

Jk

PRDATOR is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 05/22/15, 09:33 AM   #22 (permalink)
Hi my name is

Buy/Sell Feedback: 2
HP: 10000/1734152 [?]
Garage
Xbox LIVE: 11th
In the OP's defense, he did not buy low and try to sell high. He traded a different vehicle that was likewise heavily modified which makes values very hard to determine. It's a nice car for sure, I'm sure someone will scoop it up and be very happy.

His price on here was also much lower than the original price I saw on Craigslist. Seems to me he is being fair.
AngelSpeedFreak is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 05/23/15, 08:10 PM   #23 (permalink)
Rustlin' Jimmies

Buy/Sell Feedback: 0
HP: 10000/3742576 [?]
Garage
Have you considered powering this with an LS based motor?

Bought not built. Come at me bro.

Stretch is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 05/24/15, 07:21 PM   #24 (permalink)
quarkdude (OP)

HP: 1216/53513 [?]
Originally Posted by AngelSpeedFreak View Post
In the OP's defense, he did not buy low and try to sell high. He traded a different vehicle that was likewise heavily modified which makes values very hard to determine. It's a nice car for sure, I'm sure someone will scoop it up and be very happy.

His price on here was also much lower than the original price I saw on Craigslist. Seems to me he is being fair.
Hello AngelSpeedFreak,
That is very true. I traded Wingman a heavily modified 2002 Jeep TJ Wrangler for the Cobra. The Jeep had receipts for (including the Jeep itself) for $32,000. Again, like the Cobra - tons of money in it, but hey - It was a turn key Jeep that didn't need anything and it was fully built already just like the Cobra. Really, there is nothing else to modify, in my opinion, the Cobra has everything you would ever want already. The car is in awesome shape and is turn key ready.
Thanks AngelSpeedFreak
quarkdude is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 05/24/15, 07:30 PM   #25 (permalink)
quarkdude (OP)

Originally Posted by ICBM View Post

Who says 16k was the right price to sell it last year? Was it purchased for that asking price or for less?

Again as I said a million fucking times before, it is only worth what someone is willing to spend. If he needs the money or takes too long to sell, he'll adjust it.

Now where are all the real buyers?
Hello ICBM,
I couldn't have put it better - excellent words. I'm open to any offers, again it is hard to price a car like this - it really is what someone is looking for. A done car or one to build. This one I feel is done, any more horsepower and it just spins the wheels - 510hp at the rear wheel in a light car like this is plenty to hang on to. The motor is ready for a twin turbo Hellion kit, it already has dished forged pistons and a fully forged rotating assembly so it is for the builder as well. Wheel spin will need to be dealt with but it will be at least 1000Hp with twin turbo. I am an honest guy, a fellow gearhead, and like the majority of you all I am looking to buy a different car so I am selling this one. Pretty simple. Unfortunately the car I am looking for isn't on True street cars.

Last edited by quarkdude on 05/24/15 at 07:34 PM Reason: clearing up some wording
Old 05/26/15, 01:48 PM   #26 (permalink)
Freed Speak

Buy/Sell Feedback: 2
HP: 10000/728886 [?]
Garage
This car is great, you can daily, you can take it to the track and have some fun, mostly it's bulletproof, not to heavily modded, just enough to get your rocks of but reliable enough to drive it every day. Interior and exterior are outstanding for its age. GLWS Quark! BTW, still loving the Jeep!
Shit can I even still hang out here?

Sold
2001 Viper GTS
2006 Magnum SRT8
1998 SVT Mustang Cobra #333- Blown 4V w/NOS and Meth

1923 T-Bucket
2006 300C SRT8
1968 Camaro #2
1968 Corvette Convertible
1989 Suzuki Katana 1100 #2
1969 Firebird (TA Clone)
1996 Yamaha VMax 1200
1995 Mustang GT Convertible
1996 Saturn SC Turbo
1968 Camaro #1
1989 Suzuki Katana 1100 #1
1966 GTO, 455 3 deuce
Wing Man is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 05/26/15, 01:54 PM   #27 (permalink)
quarkdude (OP)

Originally Posted by Wing Man View Post
This car is great, you can daily, you can take it to the track and have some fun, mostly it's bulletproof, not to heavily modded, just enough to get your rocks of but reliable enough to drive it every day. Interior and exterior are outstanding for its age. GLWS Quark! BTW, still loving the Jeep!
Thanks Wingman,
Definitely enjoying the Cobra. It daily drives tamely like a stock Cobra but when you need the power - Ohhh man is it there. Glad the Jeep is doing you good - that one was built on the Military level tough for sure. Is there anything you Haven't been able to climb?? I bet it has tackled everything you have throw at it. That sure was a fun Jeep, and amazing. That Jeep could go where others Jeeps could not.
Old 06/10/15, 06:49 AM   #28 (permalink)
quarkdude (OP)

Lowered Price to $16K obo. The new owner is getting a serious performance Cobra here. This is the only one setup like this anywhere.
Old 07/02/15, 08:41 PM   #29 (permalink)
quarkdude (OP)

BuMp for 4th of July Weekend
Old 07/07/15, 06:52 AM   #30 (permalink)
Anti-Roll Racing Nazi

HP: 10000/1992134 [?]
Garage
Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
Have you considered powering this with an LS based motor?
Negged.

Quick Reply
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TrueStreetCars.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Username:
Password
Enter a password for your account. Passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Re-enter Password:
Email Address
Enter your email address.
Email Address:
Spam Account Filter
Enter only the capital letters from these words: LET it EaT aT tX2K12
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://truestreetcars.com/forums/vehicles/74122-1998-svt-cobra-510hp-supercharged-nitrous-water-methanol-pics.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
WTB 96-98 cobra - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum This thread Refback 05/20/15 02:53 PM 9

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. | Questions | Contact Us | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy