*For Sale* 1998 SVT COBRA 510hp Supercharged, Nitrous, Water-Methanol (( PICS )) - TrueStreetCars.com
Forgot?
Create Account >> Home Forums Pictures Vendors Garage Today's Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools
Old 05/18/15, 07:26 PM   1 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1 (permalink)
quarkdude (OP)

Buy/Sell Feedback: 0
HP: 1214/53513 [?]
*** TRADE *** 1998 SVT COBRA 510hp Supercharged, Nitrous, Water-Methanol (( PICS ))

Year: 1998
Make: Ford
Model: SVT Cobra
Color: Crystal White
Mileage: 93000 (5000 on driveline)
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
Phone (optional): 505-205-2618
Email (optional): jewelrycasa@yahoo.com
Price: Trade

**** Looking to trade for a 1963 - 1977 Corvette in equally nice condition with A/C and Auto Transmission. ****

1998 SVT Cobra Mustang - Crystal White - extremely reliable and a pleasure to drive.
The Engine, Transmission and Rear end have all been rebuilt, only 5000 Miles on them all. The cars chassis has 93,000. The car feels tight just as if were new.
- Factory radio - works great
- Factory CD player - works great
- Cold A/C ready for the summer heat.
- Hot heater for those cold winter mornings.
- SVT - Special Vehicle Team ( Ford )
- SVT Certificate of Authenticity Vehicle #1409 of 5174 built
- Built on 12/2/1997
- 4.6 liter 32 Valve V8 Engine (Italian made TEKSID aluminum engine block)
- Engine completely rebuilt with all fully forged crank, forged rods and forged dished pistons. (Engine has approx 5,000 miles on it, built by Doug Anderson here locally)
- Dyno Sheet showing the car is 510hp to the rear wheel
- Kenne Bell Supercharger running 9-10psi boost
- Kenne Bell Boost-a-pump controller for added fuel pressure while under supercharger boost.
- Fuel pressure gauge
- Boost gauge for the supercharger pressure
- SVT programmer included
- Nitro Dave's 175hp Nitrous Oxide system w/bottle heater,NHRA overpressure dump tube.
- Nitrous window switch computer
- Aquamist Water/Methanol Injection system. Fully plumbed and functional
- Aluminum racing drive shaft
- Stage 3 McCleod Clutch.
- 31 spline axles for strength
- Auburn locking LSD differential in rear 4:10 gearing
- 5 Speed T45 Transmission (Rebuilt - approx 5,000 miles on tranny now)
- SSR GT3 3 piece forged aluminum wheels 18 inch (Found on Porsche 930) (Rare Wheels)
- Bassani stainless steel exhaust w/ H-pipe all the way back with bassani mufflers and tips. (Sounds amazing)
- 1 year old reupholstered leather seats Factory color and stitching
- Exterior front and rear bumpers removed, repainted factory color and reinstalled.
- Sub frame connectors installed to bottom of uni-body.
- Line lock with front brake solenoid.
- $25,000 worth of receipts for all the work that has been done to this super clean Cobra.

This car turns heads and gets thumbs up's all the time. This is perhaps one of the cleanest last year Cobra's for the SN95 body style. If you are interested, feel free to text, call or email me.
Bill 5o5-2o5-2618

Last edited by quarkdude on 05/12/16 at 06:44 PM Reason: Lowered price
quarkdude is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05/18/15, 09:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
drinking wine on a beer budget

Buy/Sell Feedback: 1
HP: 4794/225692 [?]
Garage
I'll just leave this here
It's time, 98 SVT 4V Cobra
Old 05/19/15, 05:18 AM   #3 (permalink)
Mato Cucarachas

Buy/Sell Feedback: 3
HP: 10000/1277519 [?]
^Gold bars mod bra.
Old 05/19/15, 06:08 AM   #4 (permalink)
quarkdude (OP)

Originally Posted by SoSlow View Post
I'll just leave this here
It's time, 98 SVT 4V Cobra
Hello SoSlow,
That's the one. This is the Cobra I bought from Rusty. I have enjoyed driving the car and keeping it in awesome condition - it is a special car for sure. I haven't tracked the car at all - I alternate driving the Cobra and my truck to keep the miles low. This thing is a beast, I hope that someone out there is looking for a clean, reliable SN95 Cobra that will only bring smiles to the face. Chris at DynoEdge did the tune and it runs great. I wasn't sure what to price it at but it is Or Best Offer so anyone out there feel free to make an offer you won't be disappointed. I have a 1 inch folder of receipts for all the upgrades to the car.
Thanks, quarkdude
Old 05/19/15, 05:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
Obamanos

HP: 10000/567992 [?]
Xbox LIVE: 81st
So... what's the weight of the gold you have stashed in the trunk?

The Engine That Accelerates A Given Load Fastest From Point A To Point B Wins....Regardless Of Horsepower

2006 scion xB 5speed 94hp corrected...
06smokes is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 05/20/15, 06:09 AM   #6 (permalink)
quarkdude (OP)

Originally Posted by 06smokes View Post
So... what's the weight of the gold you have stashed in the trunk?
What do you mean? Can you build a Cobra with all of these upgrades for say $16,000 - I did mention "it's or best offer" as well. Lets see - $10k for a clean Cobra, $6K - $8K for a supercharger system, $500 - $800 for good water/meth system, $1K for a good Nitrous system w/heater, $5K for a forged engine rotating assembly, $1k for a T-45 Tranny rebuild, $600 - $ 800 for a good locking rear end spool, $1k for leather upholstery restoration. More nickel and dime stuff here and there. Where's the Gold? The price is well under what it cost for upgrades.
Just curious, quarkdude
Old 05/20/15, 08:17 AM   #7 (permalink)
Zone, of danger

HP: 2064/95089 [?]
Garage
It's because it was listed on this site last year for for less cash.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Ex's are like a box of chocolate. They kill your dog."

2014 Mustang 5.0 (loud and slow)
2010 Mustang 4.6 (Traded)
2006 Ram 1500 (Traded)
2005 Volkswagen GLi (Broken and Sold)
1991 Dodge Stealth (Broken, fell over then Sold)
1990 Volvo 240DL (1st day kindergarten, last day of high school R.I.P)
Uber Boosted873 is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 05/20/15, 08:40 AM   #8 (permalink)
quarkdude (OP)

Originally Posted by Uber Boosted873 View Post
It's because it was listed on this site last year for for less cash.
It was listed for $16K I know. I did put $18K OBO. I am looking for best offer. Are you interested?
quarkdude
Old 05/20/15, 11:05 AM   #9 (permalink)
FUCK FOURLOKO!!

HP: 10000/2235877 [?]
Garage
Xbox LIVE: 235th
6-8k for the KB supercharger? I didn't realize they got so expensive. Which one is it?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Toyota Supra - ProEFI
JEWPRA is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 05/20/15, 11:11 AM   #10 (permalink)
FUCK FOURLOKO!!

HP: 10000/2235877 [?]
Garage
Xbox LIVE: 235th
No offense intended but you claim to have over 16k in upgrades, Are you extremely disappointed with the power it put down? I would be.

GLWS

Toyota Supra - ProEFI
JEWPRA is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 05/20/15, 11:45 AM   #11 (permalink)
quarkdude (OP)

Originally Posted by JEWPRA View Post
No offense intended but you claim to have over 16k in upgrades, Are you extremely disappointed with the power it put down? I would be.

GLWS
Hello Jewpra,
First off, extremely nice Supra - those things are awesome
I have quoted the cost's that I have receipts for and the supercharger and its accessories are one of them. When I bought the car it was already on there. To me, the horsepower output is just plain, Kick in the pants, awesome. Nearly 600hp at the crank and 510rwhp (Rear Wheel Horse Power) moves this car like nobody's business. I see that you at making over 1000Hp - just awesome but how much did it cost to get there?
Old 05/20/15, 12:35 PM   #12 (permalink)
Mato Cucarachas

Buy/Sell Feedback: 3
HP: 10000/1277519 [?]
Hey Quarkdude - people are giving you shit because, like someone mentioned before, you bought this car from a member here for less money than you are trying to resell it for (on the same site.) That's kind of an internet forum faux pas (dick move). Unless you made substantial upgrades to the car, it makes it seem like you're just trying to take advantage of the community.

People post up good deals to this community in the hopes of generating good karma amongst ourselves. If you pounce on a good deal and then just try to flip it back on the site, that's the opposite of good karma. Normally, one would post it back up for sale here at their original purchase price, OBO, not +$2k (12.5% markup at least).

If you feel it's worth more, try it out with Craigslist. Unless you lower the asking price to at or below what you paid, people here are going to shit on your thread all day long. This one is dead so I would suggest creating a new one if you decide to go that route.

I had a KB Cobra just like this at one point, but never got it dialed in just right. Dumped over $25k into it and sold it for less than $7k after it spun a bearing. Gotta pay the toy tax on modded cars like these...
Old 05/20/15, 01:08 PM   #13 (permalink)
quarkdude (OP)

Originally Posted by Chingon View Post
Hey Quarkdude - people are giving you shit because, like someone mentioned before, you bought this car from a member here for less money than you are trying to resell it for (on the same site.) That's kind of an internet forum faux pas (dick move). Unless you made substantial upgrades to the car, it makes it seem like you're just trying to take advantage of the community.

People post up good deals to this community in the hopes of generating good karma amongst ourselves. If you pounce on a good deal and then just try to flip it back on the site, that's the opposite of good karma. Normally, one would post it back up for sale here at their original purchase price, OBO, not +$2k (12.5% markup at least).

If you feel it's worth more, try it out with Craigslist. Unless you lower the asking price to at or below what you paid, people here are going to shit on your thread all day long. This one is dead so I would suggest creating a new one if you decide to go that route.

I had a KB Cobra just like this at one point, but never got it dialed in just right. Dumped over $25k into it and sold it for less than $7k after it spun a bearing. Gotta pay the toy tax on modded cars like these...
Hello Chingon,
I understand what you are saying. I did quote OBO (or best offer) 5 times in the different posts. The car originally was posted for $16k so an offer of $16k is a Or best Offer I would look at that. It seems to me that people are missing the point. I didn't post $18K FIRM I will take any reasonable offer is what I am saying. I'm not trying to take advantage of anyone here, OBO means tell me what it is worth to you (not you directly Chingon), if it sounds good - we have a deal. That's all I'm saying. It's a beast of a car that would do awesome at the All out Call out here soon.
Old 05/20/15, 03:17 PM   #14 (permalink)
NO FUCKS GIVEN!

HP: 10000/2264045 [?]
Garage
Xbox LIVE: 173rd
It would do awesome in the slowpoke class

93 Black 300zx TT (aka Black Plague) 10.36 @137
Built,

03 Brilliant Silver Infiniti M45
04 Silver Pine Metallic Lexus GX470
nmgoodthing is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page
Old 05/20/15, 06:40 PM   #15 (permalink)
Titan Killer/ Creeper

HP: 10000/2560058 [?]
Garage
$1 bob
Enemy is offline   Reply With Quote Jump To Quick Reply Jump To Top Of Page

Quick Reply
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TrueStreetCars.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Username:
Password
Enter a password for your account. Passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Re-enter Password:
Email Address
Enter your email address.
Email Address:
Spam Account Filter
Enter only the capital letters from these words: LET it EaT aT tX2K12
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://truestreetcars.com/forums/vehicles/74122-1998-svt-cobra-510hp-supercharged-nitrous-water-methanol-pics.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
WTB 96-98 cobra - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum This thread Refback 05/20/15 02:53 PM 9

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. | Questions | Contact Us | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy